Roush Windshield Decal Placement - 1997

joesgt281

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2002
Katy, TX
what is the proper spacing of the windshield decal down from the top of the windshield, preferably at the ends?
This is for a 97.
Just got the car back from the body shop after an accident and they didn't keep the old windshield for me to pull the dimensions from.
TIA
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Is your windshield original or was it replaced? If it is original then make sure you line it up with the "burn" marks in the tint at the top of the windshield. You can see it from inside in the light. If the windshield is new just dilute some windex and get it no less that a half inch from the bottom of the windshield frame " L E ".
There are many different theories on the best way to set a new windshield decal but if you just soak the windshield with a nicely diluted windex then you can apply the decal and move it around until it is perfect. Just leave the decal in place after it's position is perfect for an entire day in the sun. then just use a needle to poke any bubbles later.

yeah marcus is correct, i have a 97 saleen and it's around 1/4 to a 1/2 inch from the top of the windshield. if you need to know how much as far as inches go for the sides let me know, i can measure them and let you know so you don't make a mistake have it off-centered. good luck.

chrissaleen said:
yeah marcus is correct, i have a 97 saleen and it's around 1/4 to a 1/2 inch from the top of the windshield. if you need to know how much as far as inches go for the sides let me know, i can measure them and let you know so you don't make a mistake have it off-centered. good luck.

Thanks Chris.
I think I'm good on the side-to-side placement.
In fact, I've gotten decals in the past that weren't exactly the same width, so it taught me to make sure and split the difference with any new decal.
Gracias,

Joe