wingless

dsg03bullitt

Jul 25, 2006
so im deciding on whether to go wing or wingless.......if i take my wing off what are good plugs or somthing to cover up the 4 bolt holes with?......I dont want my trunk to rust out or some ****:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Carriage bolts are OK, as long as you don't mind the 4 lumps on the decklid. If not, try this:

1. Go to a vinly sign shop, and have them cut out a sheet of vinyl circles that are slightly larger than the 4 decklid holes left when you remove the wing.

2. Get some touchup paint the same color as your car.

3. Paint the circles you are going to use while they are still stuck to the sheet you received them on.

4. Let paint dry.

5. When the paint's dry, carefully peel the 4 circles off and stick to the decklid.

I've had mine on for about 4 years already, and haven't had to reapply them as of yet. Peeps always wonder how I covered the holes (since the trunklid appears flat) and they have to come all the way up to the decklid to see what I did.

It's a far better approach IMO and far better cosmetically.

dsg03bullitt said:
I dont want my trunk to rust out or some ****:shrug:

Have you ever tried to stick a magnet to the trunk? It's not made of metal. It's a composite material. No rusting...ever. Take a look underneath and you'll see what i mean.

I got my plugs from Home Depot. I forget what size they were. I think two 3/8" and two 5/16" plugs. They were in the drawers in the nuts and hardware section. I just painted them with touch up paint to match and pushed them in with clear silicone.

The good thing about our cars is the wing is so easily removed. Takes literally 5 mins to do so if you don't like it you can slap it back on.

Just have some cleaner to clean the dirt and grime that accumulates under the wing posts.

Im glad you asked :)
Bullitt312002.jpg

Bullitt312008.jpg

Bullitt312010.jpg

120305020.jpg

Not mine, but its sick :drool:
blackbullets3.jpg

Attachments

• Bullitt312002.jpg
    Bullitt312002.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Bullitt312008.jpg