Winter storage time ending

fox1x

Oct 3, 2005
Northwest Ohio
Well, it's now March, things are starting to warm up.. salt is starting to disapate from the road. I'm seeing more and more nice cars "return" to the road. Just curious, how long do you all wait before you bring your car back to the road from winter storage?

I'm going crazy from driving a little Dodge Spirit around, I want to get my car out bad, it's driving me nuts..

I think I'll wait until the first week of April....

• Sponsors (?)

If you do drive in it, just make sure to get your undercarriage really well. Unfortunately for us, still a wack of snow on the ground and enough gravel to form a small beach. I'll be waiting until April before I get my car on the road. :(

It's tough, but I'll probably wait for April also. Up here in the Toledo area we always get a freak April snowstorm.. It's driving me crazy..

Speaking of nice cars coming out... I was on Reynolds Road today, just south of Airport Highway when I see a big 'ole truck haulin' something. By the time it was passing me, I about broke my neck trying to get a good look at it. It was a new Shelby GT500, white with blue stripes. Boy it looked good!!

it's depressing around here in the Chicago area...had a nasty snowstorm with winds over 40 mph just last Friday night into Saturday. My pony has been in my heated garage for over 3 months now. I am hoping the weather turns in the next couple of weeks. :nice:

Being that I reduce my insurance coverage while in storage during the winter, my full coverage doesn't automatically re-instate until every April 1st anyhow.. so I wait until then and also until the very first good rainfall washes the remaining road salt off the highways and local roads..