Winter storage?

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
How many of you store your Mustangs for the winter? I am looking to get my Mustang out of the garage and into a storage unit for the winter so I dont scratch it when working on my snowmobiles. How much would something like this cost per month? Also anything I should do before storing it this winter?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea we have a three car garage but right now My Mustang is in there, my moms xterra, and our tractor and motor cycle. My dad just bought a new truck and I would like him to have a spot in the garage for it in the winter.

Well, in one car spot squeeze in the Stang and motorcycle for the winter...in another spot your moms car and squeeze that damn tractor in some how lol. Do you have one big garage door(thats how mine will be), or do you have 3 seperate doors??

I have three seperate doors. The only problem is in the winter we want 3 cars, and 2 snowmobiles in the garage so I think it is best to rent out a storage unit and just go and start it every weekend or something. Is there anything I should put it my tank so the gas doesnt freeze or anything? These Chicago winters can be pretty brutal.

I have stored many cars , I do an oil change & fill with light weight oil ,then "stabil "put the right amount in with a full tank of high test gasoline drive around a few blocks so it mixes up good , then you can purge a little gas from the scrader valve , I always jack up the body just enough to take the weight off ,you can use cheap jack stands , fill the tires with few extra lbs , you can put a few desicant bags inside & the trunk , a good cover that will let some air in & you will be good for 6 - 8 months with no problem , stabil works I have seen it used on expensive boats that sat for sometime almost a year they fired right over & ran good !