Wiper Motor Vendor Recommendation

Bullitt

Packin' Heat
Founding Member
Jan 13, 2000
Houston, TX
Need a new wiper motor. John's Mustang (local here in Houston) has them for like $80. Autozone lists one at like $50.

Anyone know if there's a significant difference in quality? Know you often get what you pay for, but I'm wondering if the big difference in price is really justified...

Anyways, just looking for people's experiences with different vendors for wiper motors...

• Sponsors (?)

Need a new wiper motor. John's Mustang (local here in Houston) has them for like $80. Autozone lists one at like $50.

Anyone know if there's a significant difference in quality? Know you often get what you pay for, but I'm wondering if the big difference in price is really justified...

Anyways, just looking for people's experiences with different vendors for wiper motors...

I might get flamed for this one, but I think the AZ one is lifetime warranty. Since I plan to keep my stangs for my lifetime, that is what I would go with. After all, it's just a wiper motor. Just my 5 cents worth of free advice.

After working on these cars a lot I've found out that many Mustang vendor-sold replacement parts are basically marked-up Autozone/Kragen/etc. parts. Most large cities have independent parts houses that can get stuff for even less than your typical Autozone pricing.

Better price, but more than likely without the warranty. Autozone puts it's lifetime warranty on items figuring most people won't keep their vehicles for a lifetime.

I use Napa as my first choice for parts and use Advance Discount and AutoZone as my second choice. I like the lifetime warranty on the AutoZone and Advance Discount parts but I hate having to deal with the doofwads that work at both of them.

I needed a headlight switch for my daughter's 1989 Mustang GT Convertible. I opted to purchase Napa's "better line" headlight switch and when it came in it had Ford's E7ZZ factory white paint part number on the switch assembly. I have had this happen at Napa other times when I have bought parts from them. Also, some of their parts, like the master cylinders I bought for my daughter's two 1966 Mustangs, and the power steering quick steering rack I bought for her 1989 GT Convertible have lifetime warranties on them too.