Wire harness and Fuse box with EFI

mustang_mattie

Founding Member
May 15, 2001
"Rust Belt"
hey guys,
for those who did any EFI or turbo conversion. What did you do with the wire harness? does a harness from any 2.3 turbo match up with the Mustang II fuse box? or would you need to re-wire everything? I do know that the computer needs to be re-pined and such. But I never figured out what I needed for the fusebox and harnes since I haven't seen on yet. Thanks!

-Mattie

• Sponsors (?)

EFI Installation

Hey Mattie...

I put an EFI system from an '87 Mustang onto my '79 Pinto 2.3... It did not require any modifications to the fuse block or re-pinning of the the EFI computer. The computer and fuel pump relay are powered by fusible links coming off of the battery, so the original fuse block is not modified at all.

This is a non-turbo set up, not sure what all is involved there. I have an extra turbo wiring harness if you are interested, however.

Runs a hell of a lot better than the original Durspark II / carburetor set up ever did.

The turbo engine's wiring is the same as what was just said. The EFI wiring harness is it's own entity except for '87-'88 TC. The EFI harness has it's own +12V supply and grounds. It's wired in all by itself on the passenger side of the car and you just need to tie in Start, Run, Tach, and the fuel pump relay.