wiring driving me nuts

My dad does most of the wiring because I am very unfamiliar with wiring and it seems like every time I'm home he's at work and when He's home I'm at work. So we've been stuck with the ignition system wiring forever so i just bit the bullet and ordered a Mallory ignition system. The stock ignition system was confusing as hell. So far the rewiring of the car has turned into a 1200 dollar project, nowhere near as much as i wanted to spend, and I still have to buy all new light sockets front and back. We'll see what else I will have to buy, probably all new dash instruments. All I have to say is oh well, I'll have a nicer car in the end, I'll just be broke and trying to to work more and go to school.

Thats all i have to say for that

• Sponsors (?)

The Mallory sytem is a good choice.What you should do though,is talk to someone at your school who is a wiring guru,and find all the wiring diagrams for the car.I believe the Mallory comes with instructions and diagrams,but knowing which wire is which on the car is essential.This may sound like "Captain Obvious",but it's the best way!

Good luck bud

I just got done a week ago putting an entire MSD ignition on my 78. Yes I feel your pain guy. I had a heck of a time trying to figure it all out. I had to do away with a lot of the wire harness under the hood. Well as far as for the ignition part of it anyway. Plus I went with a one wire GM alt. So I did away with that lil harness to. Go on Ebay buy a Haynes book for 74-78 Mustang II. It will help you out greatly I'm sure. There is lots of diagrams in there to explain which wires go where. Between that and talking to a few guys at performance shops around town I figured it out. Good luck

Dan

Daily update: Just Cut the wires for the ignition system and layed them all out nicely. Set the timing and she runs like a dream. Cut the rats nest of wires in the dash and now have to lay new wires out. for the dash, hopefully done by the end of the weekend.

Rats Nest of dash wiring
im001616_resize.jpg

What it looks like now
im001615_resize.jpg