Wiring harness problem

ProjectStang98

May 21, 2004
hi everyone i just entered your family and cant wait to hear from you. but now i have a big problem.i am swaping a mustang 5.0 out of a 88 mustang into a 98 mustang and having hard time rewireing 88 computer to 98 wireing harness the anti theft is blocking fuel pump and starter from working. any ideas also can i run 98 computer for interior and run 88 just for injectors sory this is a hard problem right off the bat. thanks. Also would it possible to run a 94-95 gt computer wiring harness to adapt to the existing wiring harness that will connect to existing wires that allow for power for computer and the left passanger side lights. The 88gt computer is EEC-IV and the 94-95 gt computer is ECC-iv, could i just use the of the mustang 94-95 gt harness and get away with it.

• Sponsors (?)

ProjectStang98 said:
hi everyone i just entered your family and cant wait to hear from you. but now i have a big problem.i am swaping a mustang 5.0 out of a 88 mustang into a 98 mustang and having hard time rewireing 88 computer to 98 wireing harness the anti theft is blocking fuel pump and starter from working. any ideas also can i run 98 computer for interior and run 88 just for injectors sory this is a hard problem right off the bat. thanks. Also would it possible to run a 94-95 gt computer wiring harness to adapt to the existing wiring harness that will connect to existing wires that allow for power for computer and the left passanger side lights. The 88gt computer is EEC-IV and the 94-95 gt computer is ECC-iv, could i just use the of the mustang 94-95 gt harness and get away with it.

the fuel pump and starter problem you are talking about sounds like the PATS system has got you by the ballz. I may be wrong, though. If it is PATS, I believe you'll have to have it rprogrammed by ford. A far as the harnesses go, why dont you just swap out the entire harness set for what came out of the 5.0? Just yank everything from the donor car and pull all of your V6 wiring out.I'm no swap expert, but it seems logical this way. :shrug: