Wiring question?

How much of the 4cyl wiring harness can i keep that will work w/ the V8 wiring harness. What i mean is theres a bunch that go thru the firewall on the pass side into the cab and if i can leave it all attached and that it will plug into the new harness and computer it would save a ton of work. Anyone thats done the swap please chime in w/ what old wiring comes out, im hoping just the stuff in the engine bay.

• Sponsors (?)

The harness you are talking about is the one that needs to be swapped. The one coming out of the passenger side goes to the computer(EEC). That one and the harness for the injectors have to be changed, along with the o2 harness. Then the light harness on the driverside has the wires for the alt that need to lengthened.

On a v8 car the stuff that comes through the firewall on the passenger side is the computer harness which connects to the engine harness via 60 pin connectors. The harness that passes throught the firewall on the drivers side is dash harness connecting to the headlight harness etc...

If your interested in a painless FI wiring harness PM me. It's brand new and I no longer have a use for it. Great for a 4cyl to 5.0 swap.

i wasnt thinking, the computer is in the car on the pass side where those wires ran to. I guess when i get the new stuff it will explain itself when i lat it all out. Thanks for the offer but im just gonna get a 93harness/computer from a friend.