Progress Thread Wish Me Luck! 92 Calypso Lx

Nice catch, I had a vert that color, excuse me while I kick myself for selling it.
Why waste the energy,..I'll kick you instead.
nutkick.gif

It was a convertible,..you did the right thing by selling it.:nono:

• Sponsors (?)

On another note. My Flowmaster cat back is welded to my factory H-pipe :( I noticed the rear tires are pretty close to the tail pipes and they are rubbing on the axle so I guess I'm going to have to scrap the whole thing. That screws up the exhaust plans a little.

On a good note underneath the car looks absolutely amazing. Looks kinda like a 68k mile car!

Reactions: 1 user
@QuietOne So what's the plan with the car? Got the mod bug? Got a fat wallet that could lose some weight? Very nice car bro! With the lack of info this guy had on the car I would expect a surprise or two once you start digging into this car.

@QuietOne So what's the plan with the car? Got the mod bug? Got a fat wallet that could lose some weight? Very nice car bro! With the lack of info this guy had on the car I would expect a surprise or two once you start digging into this car.
@FoxMustangLvr Thanks brother, you inspired me
I 100% figure I'm going to run into some surprises. My passenger side tire about ready to blow up is one of them. The trans is an unknown too. It shifts like it's built. As for the plan I'm kinda following in your footsteps a little. I want to get the car 100% drivable without issues, then throw a Vortech V3 system at it with about 6lbs of boost. I'd like a kenne bell but I can't find any of them.

If I had to put things in order I'd say:
Headlights
Radio
Exhaust- Was just going to do an off road xpipe but after finding the cat back being welded to the factory H-pipe I may have to do the whole thing.
Suspension-A 5lug swap is eating at me, better brakes too.
Wheels/tires
Complete Emissions delete
Front seats maybe
Supercharger
And 4:10 gears somewhere in there.

If I get all this done without my wife beating me to death I may start building a motor for when if the stock one gives up. Boss block, forged 331ci rotating assembly, AFR 205cc, Comp cam, Holley Systemax. I have no plans on going over 6-8psi, I've been down that road and just want a fun drivable car.

Reactions: 1 users
@FoxMustangLvr Thanks brother, you inspired me
I 100% figure I'm going to run into some surprises. My passenger side tire about ready to blow up is one of them. The trans is an unknown too. It shifts like it's built. As for the plan I'm kinda following in your footsteps a little. I want to get the car 100% drivable without issues, then throw a Vortech V3 system at it with about 6lbs of boost. I'd like a kenne bell but I can't find any of them.

If I had to put things in order I'd say:
Headlights
Radio
Exhaust- Was just going to do an off road xpipe but after finding the cat back being welded to the factory H-pipe I may have to do the whole thing.
Suspension-A 5lug swap is eating at me, better brakes too.
Wheels/tires
Complete Emissions delete
Front seats maybe
Supercharger
And 4:10 gears somewhere in there.

If I get all this done without my wife beating me to death I may start building a motor for when if the stock one gives up. Boss block, forged 331ci rotating assembly, AFR 205cc, Comp cam, Holley Systemax. I have no plans on going over 6-8psi, I've been down that road and just want a fun drivable car.
I'm sure by now you may know I'm a huge 5 lug swap fan and now that I've owned 4 foxbody's with my 4th one being my current hatch and the only one I've 5 lug swapped I have to say that it's hand down the best mod I've ever done and it's the most functional too. It may seem like a lot of work and a big expense but it's a huge improvement. I always thought people exaggerated the benefits of it but it's true, night and day difference. I say all of this because you may get caught up with adding HP first but IMO first upgrades should always be Maximum Motorsports full length SFC's, 5 lug Cobra swap front and rear, torque box reinforcements, gears, etc..

I'm sure by now you may know I'm a huge 5 lug swap fan and now that I've owned 4 foxbody's with my 4th one being my current hatch and the only one I've 5 lug swapped I have to say that it's hand down the best mod I've ever done and it's the most functional too. It may seem like a lot of work and a big expense but it's a huge improvement. I always thought people exaggerated the benefits of it but it's true, night and day difference. I say all of this because you may get caught up with adding HP first but IMO first upgrades should always be Maximum Motorsports full length SFC's, 5 lug Cobra swap front and rear, torque box reinforcements, gears, etc..
When I sat out to buy a new foxbody I said I was going to do it from the ground up and you are reinforcing that. My brake pedal currently goes to the floor, it still stops the car, but it goes all the way down lol. I'll do the 5 lug swap and later do rear disk brakes. Other than maintenance the hood will stay closed for a while. I want to get this thing driving like new.

A note on the exhaust, go to a muffler shop, after getting some recommendations, and have them adjust what you got on there, a good shop can weld in some flanges between the cat pipes and the mid pipes then adjust it so they don't rub anything. That can save some money.
On another note, power can be had without sacrificing the emission equipment. To a point.
This is a complete mostly unmolested fox, they are getting hard to find, any factory equipment you remove I hope you store for future use.

A note on the exhaust, go to a muffler shop, after getting some recommendations, and have them adjust what you got on there, a good shop can weld in some flanges between the cat pipes and the mid pipes then adjust it so they don't rub anything. That can save some money.
On another note, power can be had without sacrificing the emission equipment. To a point.
This is a complete mostly unmolested fox, they are getting hard to find, any factory equipment you remove I hope you store for future use.
Gotcha I will do that.

How come?
You will make better use of the powerband. The motor will like it much better instead of blowing through. It will rev easier/quicker and you want the motor to "pull" you instead of being "pushed" to redline(if that makes sense). 4.10's are great for a n/a combo but not with the blower. Unless you build some motor that will spin 7-8k that is.

Reactions: 2 users
You will make better use of the powerband. The motor will like it much better instead of blowing through. It will rev easier/quicker and you want the motor to "pull" you instead of being "pushed" to redline(if that makes sense). 4.10's are great for a n/a combo but not with the blower. Unless you build some motor that will spin 7-8k that is.
Good info, thank you!

This^^^ I'm pretty sure I'm about to hate my 3.73 gears with my twin screw. The 3.27's I started with may have been a better gear after all but I was planning on staying naturally aspirated at the time and then the boost bug bit me.

Reactions: 1 users
@FoxMustangLvr When are we going to get an update on that car of yours?!?!?!?!
I've been dating lately so my Mustang hates me. She's been sitting in the garage unfinished and neglected while my hands have been busy elsewhere :(

I, however, did sneak out to the garage last night, burning the candle on both ends, and got my boost gauge and AFR gauge finished, all wiring and vacuum lines for wideband and Pimp finished. Now it's just little odds and ends.

Have you found yourself just staring at your car in the garage yet? Imagining all the things you'd like to do it yet? :)

Reactions: 2 users
I've been dating lately so my Mustang hates me. She's been sitting in the garage unfinished and neglected while my hands have been busy elsewhere :(

I, however, did sneak out to the garage last night, burning the candle on both ends, and got my boost gauge and AFR gauge finished, all wiring and vacuum lines for wideband and Pimp finished. Now it's just little odds and ends.

Have you found yourself just staring at your car in the garage yet? Imagining all the things you'd like to do it yet? :)

I got it tagged today, buying tires tomorrow. The tag didn't cost nearly as much as I thought. Will be working on the brakes in the next day or so. Then exhaust, shorty headers (maybe), off-road xpipe, exhaust shop.

I got it tagged today, buying tires tomorrow. The tag didn't cost nearly as much as I thought. Will be working on the brakes in the next day or so. Then exhaust, shorty headers (maybe), off-road xpipe, exhaust shop.
Please pay the extra money for ceramic coated headers. I have had great luck with BBK. Why the (maybe) next to shorty headers? Debating long vs. short? Or debating headers period?