Wives/significant other worry about Verts?

Chris, I got my bar for the sole reason that there was a local kid killed in his mustang convertible when he slip off the road and flipped the car. The car looked fine, except for the A pillar was parrallel with the door. I feel better knowing that its there, and I think someday I will be making the switch to a 6 point bar for added safety.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I think its bogus that she gave you as you put it, "two options". Its your car and you shouldnt have to sell it or get a bar just cause she said to. I'm gettin a rocket this summer and my girl doesnt care. She may be worried, but she's not gonna tell me I'm not allowed to get one. I'd say get the light bar. She wont have a clue.:nice:

Here's another angle. Ford is still selling convertibles. So is GM, and most other major car makers. They don't put rollcages in them stock.

Trust me, every one of these auto makers confronts the question of how much safety is needed. They are getting sued every day over the issue. If they determine that a convertible is worthy for sale for street driving (knowing all the morons who buy their product with a death wish), then surely you can handle one safely (since you are not a brain-dead moron driving with a death wish - right?).

Now if you want to live safe then wrap yourself in bubble wrap, coat yourself in SPF 100 suntan lotion, wear a helmet when you walk out to get the mail, and for the most part don't ever leave the house. If you are not completely nuts, drink non-lite beer, eat red meat, drive a convertible, and be happy (not combining 1 and 3 at the same time).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to knock on you. But step back a minute and this really seems like over kill. Forget the rollbar. Drive safe and enjoy.

GRGT1994 said:
Here's another angle. Ford is still selling convertibles. So is GM, and most other major car makers. They don't put rollcages in them stock.

very true, but your "better" manufacturers will add additional safety items to thier verts.

for example: volvo C70 vert has a windshield frame made of Boron. it is supposed to take a rollover and not buckle.

bmw 3 series verts have roll bars that will pop out of the rear seat headrests whenever a potential rollover is detected.

Get a 4 point... My wife had the same concerns before my son could ride in my vert. I put in an autopower 4-point and it relly stiffened up the car plus give a little more protection. Best of both worlds...

95strokerPSU said:
I'll be taking my car down to Delaware within the next two months to get a roll bar like this put on, except only a 4 point. http://www.rhodescustomauto.com/stangvertbar.htm

DAMMIT PSU, I emailed them last night, Spence got back to me already... they only do in-house stuff and no way I can get my car to delaware

I was asking for the same thing, a 4pt roll bar. I looked at their '98 6pt job on a vert and it's really slick! :nice:

I was actually thinking that if I did it there, or something similar, that I would ask for a removable crossbar

my mom is concerned about me rolling it so she is buying me a 6 pt for my vert haha. I should probably tell her that my engine is a ticking time bomb and i dont have the money and that the only cure is to drop in a blown 331:lol: .

gcwh02 said:
my mom is concerned about me rolling it so she is buying me a 6 pt for my vert haha. I should probably tell her that my engine is a ticking time bomb and i dont have the money and that the only cure is to drop in a blown 331:lol: .

well, her mom is almost to that point and I was basically jumping for joy... but she doesn't want to have her parents involved in our finances.... ever

I think i'm going to go custom... there's a shop that wystang mentioned that is super close to me (I've never heard of it :shrug:)

I don't like how the ones from autoweldchassis go straight back, I want one like rhodes has which contours to the top and fits in right behind the speaker covers

Hi
No problem with the wife on the vert. My bike was wrecked and it was whether to replace the bike or get a vert.
suzwrk2.jpg

She loved the idea of a vert. Now she says it messes her hair and is to loud.:shrug: Oh well. Will probably put in a 6 point roll bar in this summer. For the track :D !! I don't think they look to bad.

Steve