I'd also maybe move the cup holders rearward 1" and make the holder molded as part of the console and add a rubber insert.

IMG_6511.jpg

Yeah looking at your install pics, I wonder why they didn't move the cup holders back to make more room for shifting. Your install looks great and you got me eyeballing the Redline stuff! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Dang that looks good, you didn’t play around on getting that installed.

Really didn't take that long to do. I think I spent more time taking pics and such than the actual prep and paint.

Actual install maybe 10 mins. But the stars aligned on Sat and I had time to clean, prep and paint the console and install the boot.

I actually have a redlinegoods.com leather armrest cover due in this week. Curious to see how that looks.

I emailed LMR regarding when they will have them back in stock. They said that they expect the shipment back to them in 30 days with a much higher quantity.

Forgot to ask them if the price will be the same, but I just asked for the pricing after I read the initial response.

Mine came today and it's definitely a nice part. Fit and finish is on par with OEM. I've been thinking of how to deal with loosing the power port and really like the picture of it in the back of the arm rest so I think I will go that route.

I actually think the rear of the armrest is a great idea. I might go with a slightly different panel, but I don't need an ashtray there, and with the cables unplugged, nobody will ever even know it's there.

Just grab a 6' long black cable from amazon and tuck it in alongside the passenger seat and problem solved.

I actually think the rear of the armrest is a great idea. I might go with a slightly different panel, but I don't need an ashtray there, and with the cables unplugged, nobody will ever even know it's there.

Just grab a 6' long black cable from amazon and tuck it in alongside the passenger seat and problem solved.

I got mine installed this weekend. I ended up using the power port idea you posted and it worked out well. However, the project sent me down a rabbit hole of painting. I bought the LMR Titanium gray kit to paint it with and of course it didn't match the existing gray. So I pulled the whole center console and repainted it all. Which looks great, but is slightly off from the dash pad. So the dash pad will be next. I'll get some pictures later.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually took my car out for a drive today. Tossed an empty coffee cup in the cup holder and went around the block a few times.

When I got back, I looked down and forgot I had the cup completely. Needless to say it doesn't interfere with shifting.

I plan on adding the power port to the armrest in the future. Got time

I actually took my car out for a drive today. Tossed an empty coffee cup in the cup holder and went around the block a few times.

When I got back, I looked down and forgot I had the cup completely. Needless to say it doesn't interfere with shifting.

I plan on adding the power port to the armrest in the future. Got time

Ol' Noreasterner cleaned off the roads well enough for your crazy OCD to feel ok driving your car this time of year?

Ol' Noreasterner cleaned off the roads well enough for your crazy OCD to feel ok driving your car this time of year?

It actually did. No salt/sand anywhere to be seen. I took advantage of that to go for a quick ride.

Of course, it was still 35 degrees out, and the 20 year old tires on the '97 Cobra wheels didn't hook for :poo:.

7-12" of snow coming Wed...I saw an opportunity lol

Here's a pic of the cupholder console in true sunlight and out of the garage. Black color matched pretty good with the Landeau Black. A tiny bit off but hard to tell
IMG_6734.jpg

Last edited:
Btw here's the power port I plan to install on my center console

They have versions with s cig lighter style port as well, but everything I have is mostly USB.

IMG_6735.jpg

IMG_6736.PNG