The one I used was like the bottom one. O wanted the 12v to run my mini air compressor and a USB connection. The issue I found is that the fox keeps the cigarette lighter hot all the time which is good but it makes the light on USB port stay on all the time. The light draws .02 amps which it tinny but I will be installing a little switch to allow me to turn off the USB ports when not in use.

• Sponsors (?)

The one I used was like the bottom one. O wanted the 12v to run my mini air compressor and a USB connection. The issue I found is that the fox keeps the cigarette lighter hot all the time which is good but it makes the light on USB port stay on all the time. The light draws .02 amps which it tinny but I will be installing a little switch to allow me to turn off the USB ports when not in use.

There's also a voltage regulator in there that draws current at a constant rate.

This is why I tell guys to work a small LiPo charging circuit into the mix and run it from KOEO power source. This way your charging ports will always work and only charge when the car is on. You can get 10,000 mAh out of a battery pack the size of an Iphone 4. Just takes a little bit of solder.

You could even purchase a cheap battery pack that charges on 12V and rob it for parts. It will already contain all of the regulators that you would need.

Something like this:

upload_2018-3-5_20-1-6.png

This one is 12,000 MaH

Conceal it all in the center console. You could even leave this unit intact and run your ports out with USB extenders.

Amazon product ASIN B00006LHKQView: https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-Go-19003-Extension/dp/B00006LHKQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1520298125&sr=1-6&keywords=usb+extender&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_five_browse-bin%3A7800924011

Cut the end off of the 12V socket cord and solder it into a power circuit that comes on with the engine.

I like your ideas, but the reality is I just need something to charge my cell phone for the 100 miles or so I'll drive this summer.

Daily driver type car, I'd definitely do something like that if my car didn't already have USB ports

Now to see if I can adapt a Peltier device from a modern Ford heated/cooled seat to the cup holder to heat/cool it.

Of course step one is finding a wiring diagram and getting it to work on s bench
IMG_7587.JPG

Im getting snow now too, just a dusting. 3 hours north of me, my parents got 14" in the last 24 hours. I am getting excited for my radiator to get here so i can start driving mine soon as well.

If you actually get the cup holders set up to heat and cool, you'll have to put them to use more than 100 miles per year...

If you actually get the cup holders set up to heat and cool, you'll have to put them to use more than 100 miles per year...

I'm actually up to 20-30 miles between this weekend and last in which half the time I used the cup holder.

I said to myself I need to drive the car more this year. Trying to stick to that plan.

Ok guys so attempting my cup holder and arm rest delete project. I cleaned, scuffed lightly with a grey Scotch brite pad, used the lmr kit and cleaned again with the vinyl prep spray and wiped down. Gave it a small coat, then again and again, used up one can of spray dye and I’m really not impressed. I have one more can to use but I’m not liking what I see thus far. Did this in my garage last night and this is what it looks like this morning. What can I do, I might end up ordering a can of the Napa red from SEM.
73926FE5-54A5-4C09-9CAB-197E0D9A1443.jpeg
FA21F2A0-1FD0-4975-90BD-79A8E689C006.jpeg

Ok so can number two done, not gonna lie I sat there and shook this can for 10 minutes lol. This after the second can and I’m still not impressed. I’m doing this in the garage, then I’ll crack the door open to let it air out. Not sure if the spray can just sucked or I just suck and I’m doing something wrong. Shouldn’t be this difficult should it???? All I can think to do is try the SEM Napa red.
8E197811-ABD5-40C0-B3B8-C8E533B5E800.jpeg
8F22A1BC-C71C-4E10-B97A-C4BCB38EEDD9.jpeg
0896C48A-5749-4766-8A3A-FCC8969BEFDB.jpeg
4F2008BC-9E8A-467B-BD4C-33DE3E57B310.jpeg
76F0987A-7B7C-458E-B867-1BB838D8D72F.jpeg

Wow. Looks like what i'd see on a red velvet couch. Doesn't really look good at all. I'd probably order the SEM paint, but would fire off an email to LRS on that. Their paint isn't cheap, and i'd be unhappy to buy a can and not be able to use it.

Wow. Looks like what i'd see on a red velvet couch. Doesn't really look good at all. I'd probably order the SEM paint, but would fire off an email to LRS on that. Their paint isn't cheap, and i'd be unhappy to buy a can and not be able to use it.
I probably will call and chat with them, they have been pretty good at helping me when things weren’t right. I also looked up on their site and someone posted this pic/review with a not so happy comment in regards to the Scarlet Red Interior Paint. Idk what to do now though, am I going to have to re scuff everything or can I just spray the SEM Napa red over what I’ve already done
9F9D511C-6ED9-4A73-B7BA-12F3D631640B.jpeg