Won a KB 1.7 in a bar bet...

Well if your dad is gonna buy it then definately get a shortblock, unless you are gonna do the internals yourself because you won't save any money paying someone to install them. If your gonna do it right buy the shortblock from any one of the bunch that sell em, Vt engines, D.S.S., CHP, Livernois, etc.

• Sponsors (?)

WashburnGT said:
On a side note KB claims that the 1.7 with one of the lower boost pullies (cant remember exatly) will work on a stock GT bottom end. They send a reflash for your ECU that comes with a "safe" tune.

Im sure if I missed something or mis-stated anything someone wil be kind enough to correct me.

I owned a TT car before that had a "safe" stock tune with stock internals. Lasted approx 2 days before I learned that bearings spin too damn easy. I don't want to chance any stock internals with forced induction so all forged and balanced is the obvious way to go. Now, the car has 72000 on it, so should I worry that the minute I assemble this blown beast my other half of the engine or the tranny is gonna say "yeah right, see ya"? Basically the way it is the KB is going to be the start of forced mods :rolleyes:

ABQGT said:
Now that I think about it I should've bet the 2.2! I said the 1.7 and a forged bottom end or my car so I'm stickin to it... I'm plannin on the intercooled 14psi and if I can talk him into it a Cobra crank to go with it
Fill your dad in on the fact that he's looking at about $10,000-$12,000 with labor and come back and tell us if he's still going to keep his end of the bet. My guess is that once he realizes what the price tag of the goods are, he's going to pull rank on you and shut you down!