Won some AFS '03 Cobra 18x9's.. 2 Questions

wms004

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Los Angeles
hey Just won this auction yesterday and had two questions.

1. Will this Ford Racing center cap fit? http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/...&Product_Code=M1007A179M&Category_Code=WHEELS

2. Ideally I want 265/35/18 in front and 275/35/18 in back, but if i can find some cheap 245/40/18's i might do that. Do any of you have that size on 18x9's and still retain rim protection from the tire? if so which brand tire

thanks

-wade

• Sponsors (?)

Well so long as those centercaps are standard size I think they should fit. AFS uses standard size caps.

As for the tires. Since you're like me and had to get 18"s, you're already screwed on prices... :D The difference between 245 and 265 is like $15-20 per tire. It would be a lot better to go ahead and bite the bullet and get 265s for all 4 corners IMO.

The center caps will work, but those center caps are made to match a silver powder coat wheel, while the 03 Cobra wheels are a machined finish. Unless you're going to get the wheels powder coated, the center caps might not look that good.

CBASS said:
The center caps will work, but those center caps are made to match a silver powder coat wheel, while the 03 Cobra wheels are a machined finish. Unless you're going to get the wheels powder coated, the center caps might not look that good.
yeah, i know what you mean, i was hoping to get something that just wouldn't be black in the center. I'm not crazy about the snake that comes on the rims, but i guess i can live with them for a while

wms004 said:
yeah, i know what you mean, i was hoping to get something that just wouldn't be black in the center. I'm not crazy about the snake that comes on the rims, but i guess i can live with them for a while

I wasn't too interested in using the snakes either, so I got a set of tri-bar ponys.

stallion98gt said:
how much did u get the rims for ?
I wanna get the 17x9 /17x10.5 03 cobra combo from AFS...gotta love those 315 !!
post pics when u get them ..thanks !!!!
after loosing 4 auctions in a row, i won them for $415. Then shipping is 75, then tax (only if you live in CA). So total was $524 to my door (well, not yet i guess).

SonicGT said:
I got the AFS Chrome 18x9 2003 Cobra wheels with 275/35/18 on all fours, I would recommend getting 275's in the rear and 245's or 255's in the front, I get alot of road feedback with 275's in front.
thanks for the input.. 255/35 is a little skinny and 255/40 is tall so i'll try to decide between 245/40 and 265/35