Woohoo, pay me!

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
Hopefully, Ford will be paying me almost $800.00 for my cracked plastic intake on my 98 Mercury Grand Marquis. We won the class action suit and I dropped off my receipt at a dealership today. Lady said I should know in a week or two at the most. They are paying for them from 7 yrs. of the warranty start date; mine was replaced 6 yrs. and 11 mos. from the date.:)

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, cars affected are 96-2001 Merc. G.M., 96-2001 Lincoln Twon car, 96-2001 Ford Crown Vic., 97 (build date after 6/24/97) Mercury Cougar, Ford Thunderbird, and Mustang, 98-2001 Mustangs (some), and 2002 Ford Explorer (some). If his car falls into this category, he can go to aaa.FordManifoldSettlement.com or call toll fre 1-888-826-3047 for additional info.
There is only a month or so to file for reimbursement! Basically, you take your car to a dealer and have them inspect the manifold to confirm it has been replaced. It helps to have the receipt but I don't think it is absolutely necessary. They file the info with Ford and if you are approved, they send a check to the dealer. You can have the dealer mail it to you or call you so you can pick it up. One important catch is that the manifold has to have been replaced within 7 years of the dtart of the warranty date! If it was after that, no deal. If your friend had it done at a dealer, he probably paid over $1,000.