World Class T5?

bad98rt

Mar 27, 2006
Indiana
I am looking for a 5 speed so I can swap out the aod. I heard about the World Class T5, just curious if they are nay good? Is the World Class a stock tranny or is it aftermarket? What do they usually sell for in good shape?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That's exactly what I'm about to get into. People say Tremec's are better, but I'm going with the T-5. You can get a brand new T-5 for 1200 depending on where you look. I think you can get one for 900 something rebuilt. Its D&D performance if I remember right.

The WC T5 was stock in aero V8 fox III's. FWIW, Borg Warner became Tremec about 10 years ago or so.

Pricing is regional and highly variable. Dont pay too much for a used one though.

D&D in Wixom, MI, along with Hanlon and Astro are all places with T5 knowledge and parts.

Good luck.

That's exactly what I'm about to get into. People say Tremec's are better, but I'm going with the T-5. You can get a brand new T-5 for 1200 depending on where you look. I think you can get one for 900 something rebuilt. Its D&D performance if I remember right.

If you plan on putting decent h/p down in the future…the T-5 is going to be the weakest link in your drivetrain. If your going to spend that kind of loot to replace it…you might as well at least upgrade to a tko3550 or tko500. You can find new/used ones for reasonable prices…and the only extra they will require is a new bellhousing.

Yep, the "World Class" T5 is just the stock 87+ tranny. The different T5 is the T5-Z which features the 2.95 first gear...dont let someone jack the price on you just because they say its "World Class" it's just a stocker.