WOT Carb seems gutless

ID89GT

10 Year Member
May 26, 2008
Spokane Valley, WA
Finally got my car together, been kinda driving it around and am now figuring out what all my new problems are haha. My major concern is that when I go WOT, the car just doesn't seem to want to pull at all. It accelerates, but not like a WOT pull should. I am just learning carb so bear with me, but I have no idea what I would need to check or change to fix this problem. Its a Holley 600 DP. I jetted it back up to size 63s from the 55s I had in it because was told my smoking problem was running to rich.. well he was wrong. So am now trying to figure this out haha. The car originally had size 66s in it, so am wondering if I need to go even bigger from the 63s. Any help and insight will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

• Sponsors (?)

Keep playing with jetting. Go about 5 sizes at a time and if it gets better one way, you're going in the right direction. Usually if the motor feels ok in lower rev range and just lacks power as it revs, 10 times out of 9, it's pig rich.

....or pick up a Wideband, install it, and see EXACTLY what it's doing and tune accordingly.

How's the ignition timing?