Would a 2013 GT be a good upgrade for me?

baiselmareo6

Mar 24, 2020
United states
I currently have a 2005 V6 which I adore, it was my first car and my grandad who passed away this year delivered it to me. So it’s definitely going to be hard to give up. I just love my car and yes I’d have preferred a V8 but I’m eternally greatful to own it.
I kind of think in the next year or so I will finally want a new car now that I’m a older and a little (key word lol) more responsible. I’ve looked at the 2015 models and up and even drove a 2017.
They are really pretty cars and I love the interior and handling, but personally I find the 2005-2014 mustangs to be the best looking. I know it’s all completely personal preference but that’s just what I think. And even though I find the interior on the 2013 inferior I would just really like to own one once in my life.
So I guess a few questions. I currently don’t work because of some health issues but I think I’ll be able to scrap together some money I have saved. It would be a “daily driver” in the sense that it would be my main transportation although it won’t literally be driven 5 days a week. Is the 2013 GT a pretty good handling car and comfortable? Sat in one but never driven it.
Also manual vs automatic. Yes I don’t know how to drive stick yet. I know manual is all about being connected to the car but does it get annoying in your opinion? I’m trying to judge convenience over experience(although of course I’ll be learning before buying a car lol).
Any differences between the 13 and 14 in terms of reliability or really just anything in general?
Sorry that this was a ramble. I’m just kind of shy and awkward but I’m a mustang fanboy. I’m open to literally any advice or comments. Thanks a bunch everyone.

• Sponsors(?)

DudeStang

Apr 30, 2017
If you aren't working, it's probably best to stick with your current vehicle...rather than getting into something more expensive, especially given the uncertainty of the economy. Not sure "scrapping together money you have saved" for a newer Mustang is the smartest financial move. In the meanwhile, find a friend or family member who owns a manual and ask them to teach you how to drive manual to see if you even like it.

13 and 14 are pretty much exactly the same as far as I know. I have had my 14 for almost six years and still love driving it. It's been a very reliable and fun car.

cbxer55

Jan 25, 2020
Oklahoma
I've had a lot of sticks in my life. I don't want another. I live in Stop-Light City. It would get so old having to constantly shift the thing. Auto, I shift it all the time. Downshift coming to stops, saves the brakes. Upshift using the tach if I want it to rev higher than the factory tune will allow. Otherwise, happy to let it shift itself if I don't feel like it that day.

I have an 07 V-6 auto and totally love the car. I bought it because the looks caught my eye. Otherwise, if I want to go fast, I have my souped up 2004 Ford Lightning, my 2006 Suzuki M109R and my 2008 Suzuki B-King. The Stang is for cruisin.

The 2013/14 have the hood with the two black heat vents in it. I like those, have a set in carbon fiber on my Lightning's hood. ;-)

V-6, V-8? I don't particularly care to drive over 100 mph anyways, so the V-6 is just about perfect. The high power supercharged V-8 in my Lightning is good for one thing, ruining rear tires. I run Nitto NT555R's on the back in 305/45-18. They cost around $700 for two. Even with traction bars on the back, all it does when you drop the hammer is smoke em. I don't like spending big bucks on tires every couple years, so guess what, I don't drive it like I stole it. Lately, I end up driving the V-6 Stang more than I do the Lightning.

Attachments

• 8467990C-5795-41A7-B08E-205E28F9B76B.jpg
    8467990C-5795-41A7-B08E-205E28F9B76B.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3938.jpg
    IMG_3938.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3937.jpg
    IMG_3937.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 01010006.JPG
    01010006.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 37

Olivethefet

Slap me as well as point and laugh
May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
I have to agree with @DudeStang about holding off for now on buying anything. With the way things are going you might need the money elsewhere and you might get a lot better deal in a few months.

As for stick vs auto. I love driving stick. Stick sucks in lots of stop and go traffic so where you live and how it would be driven would be a big factor for me.

If you dont know how to drive stick learn. Regardless of if you are going to buy a stick or not. It's just a good skill to have.

I've never owned a 13, 14, or 06 so I cant really add anything as far as that goes. All I incantations say is its personal preference and tastes so in the end get the car you really want. If possible try to hold onto the car you have. You'll never get it back once it's gone. I understand that for most that isn't an option. It never has been for me.

Reactions: cbxer55

baiselmareo6

Mar 24, 2020
United states
I currently have a 2005 V6 which I adore, it was my first car and my grandad who passed away this year delivered it to me. So it’s definitely going to be hard to give up. I just love my car and yes I’d have preferred a V8 but I’m eternally greatful to own it.
I kind of think in the next year or so I will finally want a new car now that I’m a older and a little (key word lol) more responsible. I’ve looked at the 2015 models and up and even drove a 2017.
They are really pretty cars and I love the interior and handling, but personally I find the 2005-2014 mustangs to be the best looking. I know it’s all completely personal preference but that’s just what I think. And even though I find the interior on the 2013 inferior I would just really like to own one once in my life.
So I guess a few questions. I currently don’t work because of socbd productsme health issues but I think I’ll be able to scrap together some money I have saved. It would be a “daily driver” in the sense that it would be my main transportation although it won’t literally be driven 5 days a week. Is the 2013 GT a pretty good handling car and comfortable? Sat in one but never driven it.
Also manual vs automatic. Yes I don’t know how to drive stick yet. I know manual is all about being connected to the car but does it get annoying in your opinion? I’m trying to judge convenience over experience(although of course I’ll be learning before buying a car lol).
Any differences between the 13 and 14 in terms of reliability or really just anything in general?
Sorry that this was a ramble. I’m just kind of shy and awkward but I’m a mustang fanboy. I’m open to literally any advice or comments. Thanks a bunch everyone.
As for stick vs auto. I love driving stick. Stick sucks in lots of stop and go traffic so where you live and how it would be driven would be a big factor for me.

If you dont know how to drive stick learn. Regardless of if you are going to buy a stick or not. It's just a good skill to have.

I've never owned a 13, 14, or 06 so I cant really add anything as far as that goes. All I incantations say is its personal preference and tastes so in the end get the car you really want. If possible try to hold onto the car you have. You'll never get it back once it's gone. I understand that for most that isn't an option. It never has been for me.