Would a '70 clutch/brake pedal assembly work in a '68?

• Sponsors (?)

You just need the pedals, no need to take out the whole assembly.
Does your car have power brakes? Drums all around? Discs in the front and drums on the rear? How about the Mach 1?
If both cars have power brakes, just get the clutch pedal from your uncle´s, and trim your automatic brake pedal pad to match the size of the clutch pedal pad (power brake pedals are the same for 68 & 69, but not for 1970, so you need to keep yours).
If neither car has power brakes, go ahead and get both pedals.
If your car does not have power brakes and the Mach 1 does, get both pedals, the power brake booster, and the brake light switch, as they differ from manual and power brake cars (if your uncle´s has discs in the front and yours doesn´t, get the master cylinder and the brake proportioning valve too).
If your car has power brakes and the Mach 1 does not, get the clutch pedal only and trim your brake pedal pad.
Did I miss anything?

BullittFB said:
You just need the pedals, no need to take out the whole assembly.
Does your car have power brakes? Drums all around? Discs in the front and drums on the rear? How about the Mach 1?
If both cars have power brakes, just get the clutch pedal from your uncle´s, and trim your automatic brake pedal pad to match the size of the clutch pedal pad (power brake pedals are the same for 68 & 69, but not for 1970, so you need to keep yours).
If neither car has power brakes, go ahead and get both pedals.
If your car does not have power brakes and the Mach 1 does, get both pedals, the power brake booster, and the brake light switch, as they differ from manual and power brake cars (if your uncle´s has discs in the front and yours doesn´t, get the master cylinder and the brake proportioning valve too).
If your car has power brakes and the Mach 1 does not, get the clutch pedal only and trim your brake pedal pad.
Did I miss anything?

Both my car and his car have power front disc brakes, so I guess I have to go with option 1: Using just the clutch pedal and trimming the brake pedal.

Thanks guys!

Great68 said:
Both my car and his car have power front disc brakes, so I guess I have to go with option 1: Using just the clutch pedal and trimming the brake pedal.

Thanks guys!
That makes it a lot easier, forgot to tell you you also need the z bar setup, mounting brackets, and clutch pedal pushrod.