would a G8 gxp win against the 5.0?

JymboSlice

Dec 9, 2008
Hey my friend with a G8 gxp with 400 rwhp wants to run my 5.0. He says he'd walk all over me... idk what his mods are, but he definently dyno'd at 400 to the wheels. My 5.0 has a Cold air intake/tune, axle back exhaust (doesnt add any hp), lowering springs, and rear lower control arms so i hook extremely well from a dig. Id run this guy from a dig and not a roll. His G8 with his fat ass in it is around 4100 pounds? And my 5.0 is around 3600 pounds. I'm thinking this race will be a chit show but idk..

Thoughts/opinions..

• Sponsors (?)

Stock for stock....he has no chance.

Unknown mods.....unknown results.

Take it to the track and find out.

yeah im going to go to the track.. not doin it on the street.

Any weight reduction or anything on that G8? That thing moves for having those mods only haha. G8's are definitely badass cars.

My friends gxp only has about 10 or so rwhp over me i think.. so idk. It'd be a good race

It ran a 12.9-13.0 stock as well; the cars aren't to be looked over as they respond well to mods. As with any automatic, a nice t/c will make a great improvement on the car. Buy my magnaflow o/r X to gain an extra 15 horsepower prior to the race ;) haha

They are heavy but that is to be expected from a 4 door car. (old_goats tipped the scales at 4300 with him in it)

It ran a 12.9-13.0 stock as well; the cars aren't to be looked over as they respond well to mods. As with any automatic, a nice t/c will make a great improvement on the car. Buy my magnaflow o/r X to gain an extra 15 horsepower prior to the race ;) haha

They are heavy but that is to be expected from a 4 door car. (old_goats tipped the scales at 4300 with him in it)

how are they so fast if they are so heavy?

I actually plan on getting some longtubes/catted X pipe this winter for the car so thats why i havent gotton an X-pipe yet... How much are you sellin the Xpipe for?

That wouldn't be an LS3, would it? :D

As D98gt has said, we have a buddy that weighs about 300 pounds, clicks off 12.2's all day long in bad weather with no weight removed. In good weather the car runs 11.9-12.0 all day long. The car is so darn consistant. Here is an old video I found on my youtube account.

YouTube - ‪Old Goat‬‏

We also have some deep in to the 11's with a cam.