Would a X3 tuner from Bama be ready for install right out of the box?

oldtexasdog

Apr 27, 2010
Just got my SCT X3 Power Flash tuner in and I took the CD out and loaded the programs into my computer. First thing it says in RED is that I need to upgrade it-firmware/software and down load tunes??? As I bought it from Bama do I need to do this? I tried and messed with it for over an hour figuring I needed to down load my custom tunes from someones web-sight. I finally got to a page that seemed to list the octane ratings I ordered except for the fact it listed my car as a 2009 not a 2008? I stopped right there! Is there a way to view the tune specs that are loaded on myTuner prior to downloading to my car? I am just a little worried I guess.
Thanks again for all you folks do
DANG I hope I did not just screw the pooch:confused:

• Sponsors (?)

Speaking from having an X2 (previous generation tuner also bought from Bama) I can tell you if the tunes are already loaded on the handheld. The only thing you have to do is make sure to back up your stock calibration because in case the tune doesn't work (too rich or lean which happens often and needs to be fixed) you can take the car back to stock and wait until you either fix the tune or wait till they e-mail you a new one. Basically there's no need to update your handheld's firmware or anything.

CAI and tuner installed like a dream. Now the 4:10s:)
I see why the documentation is so light. The thing just walks you right through it! Had a OBDII Os sensor showing rich on the dash (check engine light) cleared it with the X3 no problem.
I was just a nervious nelly:(
Went out for a spin using the 93 Sport tune. There was a noticable diffrence especialy at WOT but no WOW factor. Have not tried the 93 Race tune yet. I have the rear end torn down and getting ready to start the 4:10 FRPP install. Maybe that will give me a WOW?

Thanks. Looking foward to it. Just had a lot of 4th stuff get in the way-BBQ-Libation-fireworks (I live out in the country and it's legal to shoot off here so everyone that lives in the city want's to come by) and friends dropping by. With a dentist appointment tommorow morning it might be Tue. before I get finished:(