Would I benefit fron stepping down to 24 lb injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5spd GT said:
Something isn't right if you can smell if from blocks away...exageration I'm assuming :D

Your rich problem isn't the injectors fault...either a bad calibration/if at all or something else is wrong...your car would not be rich like that and if it was you would be fouling plugs left and right...

not true. my maf was calibrated at some high performance shop and i have a piece of paper with all the technicals and readings. my engine cost $1k came used from someone who had bought it from ford motorsports for low miles.

• Sponsors (?)

raph130 said:
not true. my maf was calibrated at some high performance shop and i have a piece of paper with all the technicals and readings.

Then like in my post "something else is wrong"...or that "shop" doesn't know what their doing or doesn't exist :p

5spd GT said:
Then like in my post "something else is wrong"...or that "shop" doesn't know what their doing or doesn't exist :p

and why is there something wrong? the same way there must be something wrong with my friends engine also??? cmon he has a fresh 302 that he rebuilt himself it had 120k miles came from a lincoln. while my engine is completely new.

raph130 said:
and why is there something wrong? the same way there must be something wrong with my friends engine also??? cmon he has a fresh 302 that he rebuilt himself it had 120k miles came from a lincoln. while my engine is completely new.

"cmon he has a fresh 302 that he rebuilt himself"

That could have answered it...but I didn't say it was related to the "fresh 302"...there is some other fuel problem...

The fact is I find it hard to believe some things you say because most of your post are always trying to prove or be of the contrary to what is proven to be best...a search of your name would let others see the results...like your gear/160thermo/injector post...for example...

2 months huh? Wasn't aware of that...as I stated...must have been pretty recent...

And to further back up the "claims"...your signature says you have the fresh 302 but you just stated your friend has a fresh 302...and then that video you posted of your "friends" car looked exactly like the one in your avatar... :rolleyes:

Your just posting things of the contrary just to stir up trouble or feel correct...

raph130 said:
i decided a month ago that they would be the best for me. good price and promise good power of at least 60hp, and in some areas outbeats the tfs heads.

Your correct...the price is actually high compared to other heads...you get what you pay for...the 185's would be a bit big for your car and you could run into problems with the 2.02 valves hit over your valve reliefs...

prove to me i am wrong about thermostats and gears. i cannot count how many times i have read on summit's website and several mustang mags where they discuss mustang performance and recommend a 160* thermostat as a small performance mod. running colder than factory temp doesn't mean richness and crappy power.

cold air is denser and requires more fuel and the engine runs better and is more powerful. dont bring up this crap i dont want to hear it. i have 4.10 gears in my car and i think 3.73s dont cut it. i also can search on here and find a hundred people who even say 4.10s are not enough and drive them daily as i do, winter and all. i

n the real world every mustang owner will agree 4.10s are the way to go and if you dont think so get a honda civic. there are ALOT of mustang owners where i live.

5spd GT said:
Your correct...the price is actually high compared to other heads...you get what you pay for...the 185's would be a bit big for your car and you could run into problems with the 2.02 valves hit over your valve reliefs...

according to my information tfs heads could have that problem not AFR. its a perfect bolt on. i have read alot about AFR heads before choosing. in fact fordmuscle.com has a very awesome article with pictures and dyno sheets showing a complete installation and engine power results on a stock 5.0

raph130 said:
prove to me i am wrong about thermostats and gears. i cannot count how many times i have read on summit's website and several mustang mags where they discuss mustang performance and recommend a 160* thermostat as a small performance mod. running colder than factory temp doesn't mean richness and crappy power.

cold air is denser and requires more fuel and the engine runs better and is more powerful. dont bring up this crap i dont want to hear it. i have 4.10 gears in my car and i think 3.73s dont cut it. i also can search on here and find a hundred people who even say 4.10s are not enough and drive them daily as i do, winter and all. i

n the real world every mustang owner will agree 4.10s are the way to go and if you dont think so get a honda civic. there are ALOT of mustang owners where i live.

Lol...as I stated once again...if some members on here want to do a search for your name they will see where you were proven wrong...in fact a couple in this thread remember it...your thermostat and gear "backings"...

You having 410's (if I believe you) is your opinion...and I bet I could find 100 people on here that prefer 373's...so what is your point?

Quit reading from those magazines and read the "real world"...

There are alot of mustang owners where I live to...what is your point?

Again you just post to go against the accepted and you can't accept that...

5spd GT said:
Lol...as I stated once again...if some members on here want to do a search for your name they will see where you were proven wrong...in fact a couple in this thread remember it...your thermostat and gear "backings"...

You having 410's (if I believe you) is your opinion...and I bet I could find 100 people on here that prefer 373's...so what is your point?

Quit reading from those magazines and read the "real world"...

There are alot of mustang owners where I live to...what is your point?

Again you just post to go against the accepted and you can't accept that...

i have never been proven wrong about that. dyno your car with a 180* t-stat then try a 160* t-stat. its been proven with real results online that prove cooler temperature produces more power. im not gonna fight about common sense. this is rediculous. my point? 4.10s is a better choice when you want to go down the 1/4 mile significanlly faster. ive owned a stang with 3.73.s they dont impress me. it leaves you feeling like you need more. i dont have that feeling with 4.10s. the whole point to installing new gears in your mustang is for acceleration and speed not gas mileage worries or driveability. as alot of people will agree with me. 4.10s, 4.30's..extremely driveable on a daily driven car. if you dont like it fine, but dont give out information to people and say dont go with 4.10s because they aren't streetable. if you can't handle it, thats your problem. we dont need to make people fear the gear. we need to imbrace it as if thats what mustangs should have come with.

raph130 said:
i have never been proven wrong about that. dyno your car with a 180* t-stat then try a 160* t-stat. its been proven with real results online that prove cooler temperature produces more power. im not gonna fight about common sense. this is rediculous.

Well personally my car runs stronger at operating temp...but the affects of the thermostat theory of yours go further than "more power"...you weren't including the side effects (poor gas mileage, driveablity, effeciency, etc...)...

And your little gas mileage theory is unintelligent...I would rather get 20mpg than 2mpg...saying to buy a honda is :rolleyes: ...when I would rather have my "daily driveable"...

You have been proven wrong...if one wants to search for you name then they can...

5spd GT said:
Well personally my car runs stronger at operating temp...but the affects of the thermostat theory of yours go further than "more power"...you weren't including the side effects (poor gas mileage, driveablity, effeciency, etc...)...

And your little gas mileage theory is unintelligent...I would rather get 20mpg than 2mpg...saying to buy a honda is :rolleyes: ...when I would rather have my "daily driveable"...

You have been proven wrong...if one wants to search for you name then they can...

gas mileage is unaffected. what effects gas mileage is your foot and shifting. i have noticed i get alot better gas mileage with 4.10s then 2.73s. i would lug around town all the time or be forced to stay in 1st gear around town because 2nd gear would end up leaving me at idle. now i can drive around town in 3rd or 4th comfortably if i wish. i dont get 2mpg. i get 23mpg. i have owned plenty 2.73 gear mustangs to know thats an increase from the usual 17mpg you get.

Remember this post of yours:

"you guys are nuts. who cares what rpm your at on the highway. who drives a mustang around town at 1500rpms all day? please..every stang see's 5000rpms everyday. your not hurting your engine at all if ur at 5000rpms on the highway. did u know that ford tests all engines at redline and runs them like that for DAYS before installing into a car? jeez grow some balls people.

anyway, with 4.30 gears you can hit over 160mph. your engine will be fine at 65mph which will be about 2500rpms."

None of that is true...

Here is the thread:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=509040

Also remember when your so called "friend" started posting...you all only posted within a couple minutes of each other and had very similar typing styles...and when one quit the other one didn't post either...and no one had an answer for it...

5spd GT said:
Remember this post of yours:

"you guys are nuts. who cares what rpm your at on the highway. who drives a mustang around town at 1500rpms all day? please..every stang see's 5000rpms everyday. your not hurting your engine at all if ur at 5000rpms on the highway. did u know that ford tests all engines at redline and runs them like that for DAYS before installing into a car? jeez grow some balls people.

anyway, with 4.30 gears you can hit over 160mph. your engine will be fine at 65mph which will be about 2500rpms."

None of that is true...

Here is the thread:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=509040

Also remember when your so called "friend" started posting...you all only posted within a couple minutes of each other and had very similar typing styles...and when one quit the other one didn't post either...and no one had an answer for it...

and by the similar typing styles you mean not using uppercase? i didn't know we were in college and required us to spell that way. i own 2 computers side by side on the internet. i had my friend boldsword over like he usually is since he lives about 3 blocks away. we believe in the same things. im not gonna fight with you about this crap. drop it or im outta here. i dont have the time to mess with stupidity. do what you want. i do things my way because they work before my eyes. i am not some jesus here all alone with what i believe in. there are plenty people here and in the real world that believe teh same thing. so freakin drop it man..god

raph130 said:
gas mileage is unaffected. what effects gas mileage is your foot and shifting. i have noticed i get alot better gas mileage with 4.10s then 2.73s. i would lug around town all the time or be forced to stay in 1st gear around town because 2nd gear would end up leaving me at idle. now i can drive around town in 3rd or 4th comfortably if i wish. i dont get 2mpg. i get 23mpg. i have owned plenty 2.73 gear mustangs to know thats an increase from the usual 17mpg you get.

Gas mileage is uneffected? :rlaugh:

How have you owned plenty of 273'ed cars when your a teenager? Talking about how you like to humilulate ricers and all... :rolleyes:

The increased revs will lessen the gas mileage and engine longevity...

5spd GT said:
Gas mileage is uneffected? :rlaugh:

How have you owned plenty of 273'ed cars when your a teenager? Talking about how you like to humilulate ricers and all... :rolleyes:

The increased revs will lessen the gas mileage and engine longevity...

first of all i didn't know the amount of cars a person owned is affected by age. and second of all i am gonna turn 24 yrs old this coming december. last time i checked your not a teen unless your between 13-19. i have owned over 14 cars. 5 of them were mustangs. if i want to be driving and all of a sudden some ugly ricer with his bumper or exhaust dragging on the cement comes into my view, i think laughing is nothing out of the ordinary. my first impulse is to just laugh and if he revs his engine at me, well lets just say i dont see him in the rear view mirror anymore.

raph130 said:
first of all i didn't know the amount of cars a person owned is affected by age. and second of all i am gonna turn 24 yrs old this coming december. last time i checked your not a teen unless your between 13-19. i have owned over 14 cars. 5 of them were mustangs.

I'm sorry I got the maturity/age ratio mixed up :D

I got fooled by the bias/unintelligence/grammer/no common sense from your post...

Good Luck on your car and your decisions since you seem to know what you want and what gets the job done...

my first car, i was 17 yrs old, was a 13 second mitsubishi starion turbo, my 2nd car was a 1981 fully restored camaro z28 show car ($7k) that had a full frame off restoration, brand new 350 crate motor, built th350 transmission, racing shifter, and a built rear end packed with 3.73s and a locker, which rode on 295 tires on the rear and 265's on the front. after i sold that heavy chevy pos, ive owned 3 porsche 944's after that, a monte carlo 305 which i converted to a 350, a fiero gt, 4 mustangs actually i believe, a 4x4 truck, 2 other starions i owned i rebuilt an engine in one of them, and a mazda miata gem i picked up extremely cheap that needed a new clutch and was unaware if the transmission was faulty so i took the chance on it, bought it for $500 repaired the problems and sold it for $2k a few months later. im sure ive missed a few cars i cannot remember at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.