Would I benifet from a 155 lph fuel pump?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
My buddy has a new 155lph fuel pump that he has never used and is gonna sell it to me for dirt cheap. As for right now i have the stock fuel pump. Is this a good pump for my setup? Would i feel any performance gains from it?

• Sponsors (?)

no you still have the stock regulator!!!!!!! it can only flow so much when it is being held back at the rails not if you got bigger injectors,regulator,pump and a calibrated mass air ya you would notice a difference. but all these kids throw in a 255lph fuel pump when they still have there stock none adjustable regulator ??????? pointless if you dont plan to up-grade.

88stangmangt said:
no you still have the stock regulator!!!!!!! it can only flow so much when it is being held back at the rails not if you got bigger injectors,regulator,pump and a calibrated mass air ya you would notice a difference. but all these kids throw in a 255lph fuel pump when they still have there stock none adjustable regulator ??????? pointless if you dont plan to up-grade.

I threw in a 190Iph

I replaced stock one just for "peace of Mind"

No problems running it with stock regulator, stock injectors

5.0 Runs like a BAT OUT OF HELL!!!

its always a good idea to replace the stock pump, at high RPM's the stock fuel pump can not keep up with the pressure, ya theres a regulator, but a new 155lph pump will keep the pressure and fuel pumping to the engine at all RPM's. i put a new on in mine and now the engine doesnt fight for fuel at high RPM