Would love to own a Bullitt

ricky50

Founding Member
Apr 30, 2000
Miami
Hi Guy's,

I have always wanted a 1968 Bullitt and i finally have the money to do so, where do i start looking for one?

I have tried several websites and there are slim pickins, i need to have as lose as possible to the movie one so that it is not a pain in the a&* to finish it up.

How hard is it to convert a 68 to manual versus an automatic in case i find an automatic with a straight body?

Does anyone have any advice they can share with me as i know little of the classic mustangs?

What is the biggest engine that will fit in there, a 390 only or can i go bigger?

It will be a garage queen so fuel economy is not the most important thing for me.

• Sponsors (?)

I wanted to find one that originaly was Highland Green/390 so that it would not be so out of whack when it comes to the vin matching up.

No big deal i guess if i find one in excellent shape as i will fix it up if necessary.

I figure if i do it right it would be worth something, not that i am building it to sell it.

Only bad thing about ebay and cars is that you have to be careful for scammers who will sell you a rusted out piece of crap.

I guess if it was local i could go look at it?

They are asking 38,500 on this one, the car has to have the drivers side floorpan had a bad repair job done but he said he will repair it properly.

The engine and tranny have been rebuilt and the car is all original as in the vin numbers all match and it has the original engine as well.

What do you guy's think abou the price versus what kind of car this is?

I was thinking of using an independant vehicle inspection company that would look at it and evaluate/inspect it for me.

HMMM I guess Ebay aint the only place someone will put it to you!!! You have to be wise,get LOTS of clear pics,ask questions ect. Dont just go stupid into it and plop your $ down on the first 68 FB you see..................

That's why i asked if this is high low or normal.

Matching numbers original engine and color of car in good shape never crashed not rusted out nice interior.

Can anyone tell me if this is high low or about right?

I wanted to know what am i looking for on the engine block to see if it is matching numbers?

Can anyone recommend an apppraiser company that can do a pre check before i look at it?

That seller, Rob posts a lot of "For Sale" ads on VMF and a lot of Ebay auctions. He has a good reputation, but like any car dealer, he is in business to make a profit and I have found his cars to be a bit pricey.

Post the Marti Report once you get it. This will give us a better idea of what it is and what it isn't.