Would The S-197 Look Better As A Full/true Fastback ?

Just out of curiosity, I've often wondered as to whether or not, the current Mustang would look better as a traditional full fastback..

Some have mentioned in other sites that it would look more like the 67-68 fastback, while others have stated that a full fastback just wouldn't look right, due to the high waistline along with the greenhouse (roof) being too curved..

In the meantime, I'd really be interested in getting your opinions and feedback. as to whether you agree or disagree... Thanks :)

• Sponsors (?)

Just out of curiosity, I've often wondered as to whether or not, the current Mustang would look better as a traditional full fastback..

Some have mentioned in other sites that it would look more like the 67-68 fastback, while others have stated that a full fastback just wouldn't look right, due to the high waistline along with the greenhouse (roof) being too curved..

In the meantime, I'd really be interested in getting your opinions and feedback. as to whether you agree or disagree... Thanks :)

I think it would look too fat around the C-pillar, like a 71-73. You'd need a sissy back-up camera too, haha.

I actually see your point which is more than likely the reason Ford added more of a sloped curve to the current S550 roofline that I'm not really very fond of.. IMHO the current roofline looks more like that of a Lexus RC coupe and Aston-Martin Vanquish lol. At any rate, I was able to locate an image of the 2009 Lee Iacocca 45th anniversary edition that includes a full fastback roofline..

adsc_013.jpg