wow, snapped an axle

fastimes69

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
San Benito, Texas
Hey guys its been a while since I've been on here, lots has changed!! Anyway, on March 5th I went to my local track to run my car. I recently installed a ported and polished edelbrock performer rpm intake and BBK long tubes with shortie h-pipe. I was trying out a 175 shot of nitrous for the first time. I had only used 150 before.I do my burnout and stage with the nitrous on, launch at 5,000 rpm and then clank :( , it felt like my tranny or the rearend had broken. They helped me pull my car out of the way and notice the driver side wheel coming out, it broke the axle at the splines. This is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and I ran several times last year with the 150 shot on slicks. I'm glad it happened on the line and not while it was running halfway down the track. Well I had extra axles and replaced it the following day, but now I will look into some mosers or something. Anyone know who has a good price on axles, let me know asap, Thanks! Later guys and have fun.

• Sponsors (?)

Same thing happened to me a week before Christmas. But was n/a on my stock motor. I heated up my nittos and they hooked like slicks. My driverside axle snapped at the line just like yours. I couldn't afford to upgrade to 31 spline axles but they will come soon enough. Just thought I'd share my same experience with ya. :bang: