Wrap That Thing!

I don't know if it comes in a clear sheet or not. I was amazed that it didn't wrinkle.
Everything we print we laminate with clear to protect from uv rays, and chemicals. Whatever they had was probably made just for a "rock guard" application. The clear laminate we have would be impossible to put on a bumper and have look good!

• Sponsors (?)

See if there is a sign shop near where you live. I used to work for a place that also did vinyl wraps and they may have bits of leftover stuff that isn't really good for much else but practicing... I (along with 3 other people ) wrapped 2 RV's for a trade show, that was a pain in the back-side but we did 2 complete RV's in 2 1/2 days...
Nice! I'm trying super hard to get this done by friday so I can take it to a big local car show on saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
20170522_215343.jpg
20170522_215348.jpg
20170522_225516.jpg
20170522_230204.jpg
20170522_230535.jpg
20170522_235813.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
How is that not going to start peeling up from your fender wells if it gets wet?
Good question. I guess all I can say is, it's just like painting a car. It's all about prep. As long as I clean everything really well, it will stay stuck. I'll be keeping an eye on it, but im not terribly worried.

That's cool. Where I work we've got 28 box trucks we're doing wraps on. I don't do the wraps. The guy who does is very meticulous and it's amazing how much he can do to hide seams or get the vinyl to conform to curves.

That's actually pretty darn good. Going solid color? Or anything to break it up?
Thanks! It is turning out well, but it is still very much a "10 footer" car. A vinyl wrap does not hide any imperfections in the body. If anything, it amplifys them.

I was debating on wraping the body moulding in black, or putting the stripes back on that were on it. I'm leaning towards putting the stripes back on. I like them, i haven't seen the "c stripe " on any other fox bodys around here. To leave it all blue is just way too much blue. :D

Here it is all blue right after it was painted.
20150517_205604.jpg

Not the best picture, but I'll probably put these stripes back on. Im thinking the sunroof will be blue, not black. May not even cut around it. It might be nice to not have the wind noise.
20160306_112642.jpg