Wrench light of doom

Orndorff8908

Aug 22, 2016
Hey guys

2005 4.0 brand new engine after timing chain broke and I’m getting the wrench light. I’ve put a new fuel pressure regulator on, new throttle body, more throttle body motor, new tps and the maf sensor is clean. The car will start but if I rev it up to 2000 rpms in park the light comes on and stays on. I tried to drive it with a the new throttle body on it last night and all was good until I hit 60 and then it came on and went into limp mode. My security light and battery light came on for a second. Shut the car off it goes away; rev it and it comes back. But it never came on at first after I put the new throttle body on until after I drove it. I’ve calibrated it, reset the battert etc and I’m at a loss.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks as always

• Sponsors (?)

Well I noticed last night that the wire to the crank sensor is wrapped in aluminum tape and some of it was exposed. But it has bare wire that was wrapped around the two wires that actually go into the plug. But the bare wires don’t even go to the plug. And it’s not bare from melting or anything because there’s nothing burnt and no signs of melting. But the bare wire was coiled around the two wires down to the plug. I’ve never seen anything like this before. The new crank did make it run for about 20 minutes and no wrench light so I started cleaning up my garage with the car running and it died now I’m back to square one again.

779EB189-76A5-47D1-8CAB-F6F1A8CC1E90.jpeg
47AF8857-D512-4E33-932C-FD599FA57DF1.jpeg
811691D6-E6D7-487A-93D4-FAC9F022C6F7.jpeg
7ADB9A78-4AC1-40C4-AC5A-1CF20BC1BCD3.jpeg

View: https://youtu.be/mFZFjN8v9f4

I got it fixed last night. It was the crank sensor and the throttle. The crank sensor wasn’t letting the throttle body come up on the scanner, but once I put the sensor on and my buddy came back over it then showed the throttle body. So I drove it today for about 40 minutes so all is good. Just glad it wasn’t in the wiring. Thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: 1 user