Brakes Wrong Parts Or Not

jack samuel

Jan 28, 2018
Received in the mail a 9" Ford style single diapham brake booster, and a corvette style universal master cylinder. The ad from the supplier says direct bolt in, the problem is the booster plunger protrudes out approx. .950" [it is adjustable somewhat] and the master cylinder plunger has a countersink end that is close to flush with the stop point of plunger, not like a Ford with a .485" x 1.5" deep hole in the plunger. Called these people, they say these are the right parts. I Don't think so????

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, we have been away for the month of March. Perhaps the pictures will explain the problem better. The plunger on the booster hits the ram on the master cylinder before the two can be bolted together. A usual Ford master cylinder has a drilled hole in the master cylinder ram. The parts were purchased from Gearhead Enterprises in Iowa. I purchased a Ford master cylinder, it bolted right on like it should. Thanks for your help. Jack

Attachments

• 100_1821.jpg
    100_1821.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_1824.jpg
    100_1824.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_1823.jpg
    100_1823.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 159
You should probably email their support and send them a link to this thread so they can look at the pics and check it out. If you screwed the adjuster all the way in and it still won't bolt on, it sounds like they sent you the wrong stuff.

That would be a great idea if they had someone that knew anything. Went round and round with them on the phone. If it is in the box with right numbers on the box, than it has to be the correct parts according to them. These guys seem to be middle men, just sell parts I guess. Buyer beware! Avoid Gearhead Enterprises/Rod Parts Dealer from Hudson, Iowa or other names they go by!

That would be a great idea if they had someone that knew anything. Went round and round with them on the phone. If it is in the box with right numbers on the box, than it has to be the correct parts according to them. These guys seem to be middle men, just sell parts I guess. Buyer beware! Avoid Gearhead Enterprises/Rod Parts Dealer from Hudson, Iowa or other names they go by!
It gets worse every year too, used to be if you sold a line of product you would educate yourself on that product line, now a days it's just a box. And around here it is just as bad at the parts stores. We only have 1 store left that isn't a chain sell the air fresheners type of store. And that is in about a 50 mile radius. I was one of the last holdouts to NOT buy on the internet, but have given up since the local shops are just as bad. For auto parts now I use Rockautos web catalog, and google the part # for the best deal. And if I get the wrong part, I just send it back and try again, no sence in calling for support.