WRX

JTAM963

Sep 5, 2004
How really quick are wrxs?? I know they pretty good stock..my buddy has one with stage 1 or something and exhaust and intercooler...how quick could it be?? I want to get some gears and race em..im stock except welded flows..I NEED this new job..then MODS baby

• Sponsors (?)

Ahh, ok... ignore my two previous edits dammit.

The guy I know with an WRX STI raced a worked LT1, and a bolt on LS1 Camaro...

The STI has a good bit of work done to it, but obviously not fast enough for the LS1. You can see the LT1 starting to catch up towards the end of the track. Had it been a 1/4 mile I think the LT1 would have taken him easy...

Heres the LT1...
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/STI/3/2172FA05-9CDF-42E0-B6EA-B4ACBA7B03C9.htm

And the LS1...
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/STI/4/25C75CC7-8A05-4DE8-89D0-7892D964444E.htm

They are all very nice cars, but its not a fair heads up race... And I know they arent even Mustangs, but I think we all know where the LT1/LS1 stands againts our non-PI and PI 4.6's

From my experience with my near stock GT and a WRX (non STi), I think it was stock, they jump out at the start obviously and by the top of third u should be blowing past them. Stock they don't trap nearly as high as a PI GT, if modded your guess is as good as mine. But gears, sticky tires, and driver mod could help u a bunch.

Stock/near stock, they only got their launch working for them. A couple at the tracks are running mid 13s, trapping 96-98

But when they start upping the boost, less restrictive exhaust, etc then they're pretty quick.

you have an auto with flows

he has exhaust,intercooler, awd

this is what is going to happen...

IF he launches = he wins by a car and you wont catch him in the 1/4

IF he doesnt launch= he still gets ahead initially but you reel him in right before the 1/4

with gears you should get him, then add an x-pipe and you should get him everytime

So basically your saying are cars are far superior to the wrx except the stis...Only gears and midpipe and I have him everytime..seems weird why every1 thinks they are so FAST then

JTAM963 said:
So basically your saying are cars are far superior to the wrx except the stis...Only gears and midpipe and I have him everytime..seems weird why every1 thinks they are so FAST then

Because of their launch. Stock, their trap speed is mid 90s, where as ours (99-04) will be closer to the upper 90s. Race them from a roll, and it should be easy.

I have two friends that have subarus, one with a sti one with a wrx wagon. I raced my friend with the wagon from a dead stop at a stop light, with a small toolbox, schoolback and computer tower in my trunk. I raped the wagon so bad, I started out directly behind him and we both went at the same time, switched lanes, passed him and I was already a car length ahead by the time we hit 70. Keep in mind im only putting down 250rwhp because I have 2 cylinders that are 30 psi lower than the others, and i'm a vert. With alll the same crap in my car against my friends sti, he beats me good from a roll and stop, 2nd and 3rd gear in those cars are very good. I need gears and to replace my head gasket before I could get him.

JTAM963 said:
How does an o3 cobra stock fare against the STIs and evos??

Stock for stock...?

If so the Cobra will hand both of them their asses, twice.

If either the Evo of STi is modded, then it depends on what is done.

03/04 Cobras with a good driver will run 12.6 stock in the 1/4 mile.

Ive raced a few of them from a dead stop and they come off the line hard but it seems like they run out of steam quick...and now that I have the shifter and almost full exhaust am going 101 in the 1/4 im sure I can blow their doors off easy..haha and like someone mentioned above if you race them from a roll which is retarded you will def blow their doors off.