WTF! '05 GT Problems!

ok, well after a close inspection of it in person... I have come to the conclusion, that several people were hella high when they designed the new GT... first, it has absolutely no trunk release inside the car! I looked everywhere! second, the shifter can move almost as much while in gear as it can when in neutral! it's even worse than my stock shifter, from the fox days, even with that 18" long shifter handle they had on it... and last, the windows is seated in the door frame, meaning, if the battery is every unhooked/ect... the window will prevent the door from being opened... along with it's just one more mechanism that could break easily, because it's so frequently used... the window will roll down about half an inch when the door is opened, then re-close when the door is shut...

-oh well... any one got opinions on these things?

• Sponsors (?)

viperos said:
the window will prevent the door from being opened... along with it's just one more mechanism that could break easily, because it's so frequently used... the window will roll down about half an inch when the door is opened, then re-close when the door is shut...

-oh well... any one got opinions on these things?

That one definitely deserves a...
wtfcat.jpg

viperos said:
...the windows is seated in the door frame, meaning, if the battery is every unhooked/ect... the window will prevent the door from being opened...

Yea, the T-bird was/is that way too. I agree, too many things complicating the system. Ford's electriconic systems already suck, they dont need any help.

The trunk release was originally an issue on the T-bird as well. With no inside release (later ones have a release, behind the driver seat) and a factory shaved outside lock, when the rear mounted battery went dead, you couldnt pop the trunk to charge it. Good thinking on the engineer's part:) A little insight on why mechanics hate engineers.

on the contrary, i think the 05 is a welcomed change from the SN95 style/chassis

the little tricks that could be problematic have already been on MANY MANY cars available on the market. i don't think it will be that big of a deal... esp the window lowering...

I did not like the fact that there is no truck release.

I like the way the interior looks except for the retarded-ass e-brake handle...

The dash is sweet!

The spoiler is gay.

The foglights are alright.

The tires are too narrow and the wheels look very 'FORD SUV-LIKE"(eg. look at escape and expedition)

I like the bigger windshield.

and best of all i loved the olive green color

I went and took a look at the black 05 GT that Brien Ford had in for a weekend. Overall I believe it's going to be a great car and a great seller in Fords lineup. I think the market has been directed to the older and very new crowd. The older guy that lived in the 60's and always wanted the old classic car, or teenagers who I first introduced to the mustang being this style. To the people that have been around the late 80's to early 200's are going to have a hard time liking this car over what they have been accustomed to.

Would I buy this car if I had the cash laying around, definately. Is it worth waiting to buy one over like a SN95 or 99+....not so sure. I realized that I really love every mustang produced (although the II's are kinda a aquired liking) I would own every body style that I could, cause I like them all, however there will always be one I like more than another, the 05 is probably 3rd on the list right now.

And...about the trunk release, if there isn't one that's a bummer, however I do believe there is probably a release on the remote, so that is somewhat taken care of, and if you should have to manually open the trunk just use the key. Would it be nice yes, but I don't think it's a major issue. The things that I would change about this car would be the wheels/tires, more aggresive hood, Change the placement of the GT Fogs, and either cover or redo the quarter windows. However if the new 05 had more of the Eleanor look to it (which is now a body kit available for these) it definately would be to my liking.

gospeedgo said:
Yea, the T-bird was/is that way too. I agree, too many things complicating the system. Ford's electriconic systems already suck, they dont need any help.

The trunk release was originally an issue on the T-bird as well. With no inside release (later ones have a release, behind the driver seat) and a factory shaved outside lock, when the rear mounted battery went dead, you couldnt pop the trunk to charge it. Good thinking on the engineer's part:) A little insight on why mechanics hate engineers.
just like i always say ENGINEERS are the stupidest people in the world!!! and 2: thats why i would and will always wait to get the new style of any car no matter what it is till it's a few years old! kinda like the saying goes for that as well! i did get to sit in and see one back injuly i beleive and it does need lowered and then i also think it needs to be chopped top the int. wasent all that bad and the price seems good as well. peace

john :spot:

The window only goes up and down a tiny bit when you open/close the door. Not anywhere near 1/2 an inch. And even if it's all the way up and the battery is dead, it won't prevent the door from opening. It's just a mechanism to make a better seal. Lots of cars do it.

Dave

ive had my 05 now for two days and while everyone has worried about the same thinks i have (window, trunk release,) this car is the best mustang ever when you drive one or own one youll understand, its a mustang and im proud to own this car

mccain302 said:
ive had my 05 now for two days and while everyone has worried about the same thinks i have (window, trunk release,) this car is the best mustang ever when you drive one or own one youll understand, its a mustang and im proud to own this car
Will see how you feel on the 3rd day, lol j/k enjoy and congrats sweet looking stang :nice: :flag:

Looking at the Ford Enginers from a parts person point of view, that have way too much schooling to even begin to understand how the real world works. I like to say that they have had so mcuh schooling they went dumb. Lets look at some of fords other great ones.
1. Any Ford Probe. Need i say more, ok i will
2. Mercury Villagers. Oh crap the did it again!
3. Contours. Ok, maby they let that one slip
4. All the recalls on the focus. Holy crap, is for the only company that can make a car in Europe, not have any problums with it, bring over here and have 13 freakn recalls on that car??
5. Mustang II's
6. The 3.8 liter engin recall. Hey lets recall about a million engins!!
Well i think thats about enough bashing on the ford enginers. Bunch of jackass idots.

hehe, was driving home last night minding my own business, and an 05 pulls up next to me. Cool guy, gave me the thumbs up, but he coudln't resist roasting his tires...hehe I spanked him good. He still gave me a thumbs up after..