WTF!!.....Car wont start.... ODD Symptons

mtech

May 10, 2004
K my wifes 2000 mustang V6 last night acted up on her.After needing it jumped cause it appeared to have a dead battery, she started it up and drove it.....but everytime she would hit the brakes all her lights on her dash would light up and all the guages would go nuts but it would run and maybe a lil power drop she said.Well when she got home ( a 1 hour drive) and as soon as turning it off, it wouldnt start and acted as if the battery was dead (no lights or anything).

K this morning i went out to get a new battery and installed it.Once i got it installed I got in it and was going to try it.... hit the switch to give it power..... all the guages went nuts and maxxed out like the speedo hitting 120 and they did that for a couple seconds and then dropped back down.

I tried to start it.... got a short and small click outta it and nothing.... then after that I heard a clicking noise under the dash coming from where the fuse box is and it just kept going..... so i pulled the battery so it wouldnt kill another right away.

WTF could this be?

Need help on this one big time and all help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

When mine did the first part of your problem. I changed the alternator. It fixed mine but I didn't have the clicking around the fuse box. Just the power drain. I wish I could help more. I know someone here will.
Good Luck