WTF!? my car wont crank and my alarm goes off? HELP!

staticc

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2002
Jupiter, FL
over the past two days ive had my battery compeltely disconnected. i took off my upper intake and throttle body, and replaced my fuel injectors with new ford hiflo 24lb injectors. i put the fuel rails back. upper intake back. and i put in a brand new pro-m mass air meter for 24lb injectors. i put all the vacuum lines back (i think i got them all right?) and all the wiring harnesses back. (dont think i missed any) .. then i connect the battery. and go to crank over the fox...

i turn the key half way. the fuel pump turns on... off, normal i go look under the hood. dont smell any gas, or see any leaks. the injectors are a success! so i try to crank it over. and everything turns off. dash lights, no cranking etc. everything off... then after about ~10 seconds my alarm starts going off.. it keeps doing this over and over.

im thinking, maybe a weak battery, so i put it on the charger overnight. i just tried it again after an hour. same ****. ill let it charge overnight and see what happens then... but

what else could cause this?

a bad ground somewhere? anything i could have wired wrong? or mixed vacuum lines? anything is appreciated, id work on it more tonight but i dont think my neighborhood would appreicate an alarm going off at 9-10pm over and over.

thanks
derek

• Sponsors (?)

My guess would be a Bad ground wire on the battery.... Sometimes they corrode inside the covering and turn green or white, and the symptoms are the same as you described.

5.0Droptop said:
My guess would be a Bad ground wire on the battery.... Sometimes they corrode inside the covering and turn green or white, and the symptoms are the same as you described.

and this could just happen suddenly to me?

i took both the positive and negative wires off the battery for about 2 days. could that make my alarm system go haywire somehow?

its a python something or other. i bought the car with the alarm in it. looks like a ****ty install too. theres mounds of wire that go nowhere and bare in my engine bay. i have to sort it out someday.

could there be a button for my alarm somewhere that i need to hit to reset?

after work tomorrow im going to disconnect my horn and give it a try again