X-Charger

I am giving serious thought to having an X-Charger installed in my 2006 V6. The X-Charger is going to sold by Explorer Express and should cost around $3,500. It will run at 6 psi, although it is adjustable to 9 psi. The 6 psi will not require an intercooler and will generate more than 300 HP at the crank (their goal is to beat the GT) but exactly what the final numbers will be is not yet known. The picture shows the CA one. The other kits will have a straight MAF with a conical filter.

Has anyone here had any experience with a) the Eaton M90 (or M62) b) Explorer Express c) 6 psi of boost w/o an intercooler.

Any thoughts/experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• X-Charger1.JPG
    X-Charger1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Sponsors (?)

Excepcion13 said:
I am giving serious thought to having an X-Charger installed in my 2006 V6. The X-Charger is going to sold by Explorer Express and should cost around $3,500. It will run at 6 psi, although it is adjustable to 9 psi. The 6 psi will not require an intercooler and will generate more than 300 HP at the crank (their goal is to beat the GT) but exactly what the final numbers will be is not yet known. The picture shows the CA one. The other kits will have a straight MAF with a conical filter.

Has anyone here had any experience with a) the Eaton M90 (or M62) b) Explorer Express c) 6 psi of boost w/o an intercooler.

Any thoughts/experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any experience with them but they have been used in plenty of Rangers and Explorers. It seems like the safest way to go, it's the one I'm leaning towards. A custom Bamachips tune is a big plus for me.

Eaton's are great units... Look at all the cars that OEM them... And having 70% of your boost at like 1800 RPM means it will be a terror on the street! LOL! I would definitely think about this... if they ever release it! LOL! Just for fun I went back in my e-mails and found one from them that says "60 days".... it was from mid-August... LOL!

scrming said:
Eaton's are great units... Look at all the cars that OEM them... And having 70% of your boost at like 1800 RPM means it will be a terror on the street! LOL! I would definitely think about this... if they ever release it! LOL! Just for fun I went back in my e-mails and found one from them that says "60 days".... it was from mid-August... LOL!

Yeah I'm still waiting for a production version of the PH Turbo as well. By the time they both come out maybe I'll have the 'ol CC paid off! :D

scrming said:

Yeah, I had to go out and buy some more salt so that I can deal with the HP claims and the Coming Soon banners!