x pipe and exhaust system?

95 muscle

Aug 27, 2006
im wanting to purchase a flowmaster exhaust system and an x pipe for my 95 gt mustang. and i am a little confused about the whole idea, if a get the dual exhaust flowmasters with cats, does my x pipe need cats too(inorder to pass smog)? and also in the attachment i have pictures of the exhaust and x pipe i was thinking of getting, would this work/fit/make sence? im just not sure, and i dont want to spend too much money on something that i dont need to buy. and one more question for thoes of you who have even made it this far on my post but if i replace my gears with some 355 or 373 am i going to be strugging for power on the freeway when going like 80mph? if anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it

Jimmy James

Attachments

• xpipe_mid_convert.jpg
    xpipe_mid_convert.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 54
  • FLOWTRUEDUAL.jpg
    FLOWTRUEDUAL.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Sponsors (?)

95 muscle said:
im wanting to purchase a flowmaster exhaust system and an x pipe for my 95 gt mustang. and i am a little confused about the whole idea, if a get the dual exhaust flowmasters with cats, does my x pipe need cats too(inorder to pass smog)? and also in the attachment i have pictures of the exhaust and x pipe i was thinking of getting, would this work/fit/make sence? im just not sure, and i dont want to spend too much money on something that i dont need to buy. and one more question for thoes of you who have even made it this far on my post but if i replace my gears with some 355 or 373 am i going to be strugging for power on the freeway when going like 80mph? if anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it

Jimmy James

Depending on the state you live in, you may or may not need to pass yearly emissions tests, so i would check on that before you buy an aftermarket midpipe. The x-pipe goes between your exhaust manifolds and flowtubes, and they come either with cats or without (offroad x-pipe). A cat back system like you mentioned will not have catalytic converters, just mufflers, flow tubes and tailpipes (hence the term cat-back). The pictures you attached look like compatible parts, just make sure you get an x-pipe that works with shorty headers/stock manifolds, one made for long tube headers will not work. The flowmaster cat back will attach directly to the end of the x-pipe.