x pipe or tint???

• Sponsors (?)

skip tint man.. thats not really needed. Youll be more happy with the sound and performance a new midpipe will give you. The stock midpipes are so restrictive its not even funny. You can find alot of o/r pipes on mustang forums people are selling. Check our corral.net market section for more parts ppl are selling and also the trader site on here.

Twista said:
skip tint man.. thats not really needed. Youll be more happy with the sound and performance a new midpipe will give you. The stock midpipes are so restrictive its not even funny. You can find alot of o/r pipes on mustang forums people are selling. Check our corral.net market section for more parts ppl are selling and also the trader site on here.

:hail2: to the girl in your avatar

mustangkid05 said:
so upr it is.......how much is it 150 right?, and is it easy to install

thanks

UPR is a good choice. I have one and love it. Install is not too bad, can be a bit tricky getting to the manifold bolts though, exspecially on the pass side.

Pennywise2 said:
If you go the X pipe route I would get a Bassani O/R
X pipe instead of the UPR.
:nice:

Bassani O/R X is close to $300 for aluminized, $350 for stainless. Suddenly, the UPR looks like a better option @ $150.

mustangkid, installing the X is just a matter of getting to the passenger side manifold nuts. They are a royal pain, but you'll find it gets a lot easier when you have a couple of swivels and extensions. You will need an 18mm deep socket to get them off, and some PB blaster and even a torch will help to loosen them up for you. I recommend wearing safety glasses when working under there though, I got rust in my eye when one of the bolts broke loose and had to have it scraped out. Also make sure your car has been sitting for at least an hour before you tackle the exhaust.

Another thing you should get is a new manifold to midpipe gasket for that passenger side manifold. They are only ~$10 from the dealership, and trust me, it will be well worth the money when you fire up your car w/ no leaks. The MIL eliminators will also be necessary to keep your check engine light from being tripped and sending your computer into limp mode.