x-pipe?

302Snake

Mar 31, 2005
how does an x-pipe sound on a 5.0? I know the different companies will sound slightly different since the pipes look a little different. i know a guy with a 98 cobra with bassani x which of course has the 32v 4.6, his car sounds awesome. I have an o/r h with flowmaster dumps and was just wondering how a 5.0 would compare to the 4.6 x pipe sound.

• Sponsors (?)

The X pipe will have a more raspy sound to it, but it still won't sound like the 4.6 does. I have an offroad X and Flowmasters on my 95, and I personally like the sound, but it's all relative to your own preference.

The drone from the dumped flows can get pretty loud at ceretain rpm's. i have 4.10's so my tach is off so i donn't know exactly what rpm it drones at. I personally like the sound of the cut offs, but like all exhausts it all depends on the ear of the guy paying for it.

I am on the other side of the coin. My buddy has a bassani x on his fox and I really don't like the sound. IMHO, the h-pipe makes the car sound "better". I use that term loosely, cause that's what I like. But since you have an h-pipe already and don't like it, well try it and see what you think.