X-Plan for 2006 GT

scdgoofy

Mar 31, 2005
Got this response from a large Southern California dealer regarding my pre-production order inquiry for an '06 GT through X-Plan:

We are not participating in the X-plan program on 2006 Mustang GT's. Due to the limited availability of 2005 GT's we anticipate the same for the 2006 model.

UHH OHHH! I hope this isn't indicative of all dealers. If so, there goes my GT!

-goof

• Sponsors (?)

Worthington in Long Beach. Palm Springs Ford said to get back to them in August and I haven't heard back from Galpin yet. Any other biggies in SoCA you can think of? Santa Monica and Buerge are pretty small and I didn't really care for the guys at South Bay.

I did not, I got it through Vista Ford in the Valley. They had one on the lot, sold it to me for $200 under MSRP. Would not do X-plan. And I was fine with that, I didn't want to wait 3 or 4 months for the car, and I figured I'd saved enough money on cars throughout the years to once in my life splurge on price.

Heard back from Galpin. No on the X-Plan for the '06.

("But I've got 26 GT's on the lot, so come on in!")
-"Can I do those on X-Plan?"
("Nope, but come on in and we can talk about it.")

God, I hate buying cars.

scdgoofy said:

God, I hate buying cars.

I hear ya man, and buying this car was a miserable experience. Except I really was treated very nicely at Vista. I was buying for basically sticker price, how could they not be nice? :)

scdgoofy said:

God, I hate buying cars.

At least Galpin isn't marking up the price on the Mustangs...they want MSRP.
Other dealers I've talked to about the Mustangs have been marking them up anywhere from $3000 to $10000 (yes, I saw a $10000 markup on an 05 Mustang GT Vert on March 10th).

They cost MSRP. Why would you let some phantom principle keep you from having one? I think any dealer who accepts less than MSRP should have his head examined... but I do hope you find someone who will sell you one for $2500 less than the other guy standing in his lobby will pay.... I really do.

Ignore damnisityellow at your own peril One50andpump.

If your dealer tells you that you have an 06 ordered, he is a liar. If he says he ordered an 05 that will somehow convert to an 06 order, he is most likely lying.

'05 orders don't automatically "turn into" '06 orders and I bet you a hundred dollars your dealer won't feel bound by $29394 when the chips are down and invoice/sticker have been increased for'06.

Damnisityellow has been calling it like it is on this board for quite a while. LISTEN to him and find another dealer who won't lie to you.

"I bet you a hundred dollars your dealer won't feel bound by $29394 when the chips are down and invoice/sticker have been increased for'06."

I'm sure the price may be a little higher when whatever it is ever shows up, but it will still be x-plan price.. I've bought/ordered 8 new cars in the last 10 years from this dealer ( 4 of them Mustangs) and never not gotten x-plan.(or whatever they call it at the time) Im not worried that a car wont show up someday, whenever, Im not in a hurry. If they wait to order until when they can or whatever they do. I dont know how they'll do it, but I have no doubt i'll get the car someday and it will be the x plan price.. They have nothing to gain by "lying" to me.. They're a small dealer in a rural town that deals mostly with trucks, about the only GT's that go thru there are ones they order for me, and i've received everything ive ever told them I wanted. My salesman calls just to see how things are a couple times a year (not even trying to sell anything), frequents my business all the time. The service department even picks up my vehicles at my house and leaves me a demo car of my choice if needed. Im sorry if you big city people dont understand small town service and business practices and assume everyone is lying to you or trying to pull something. There is still a mustang in my garage that will do till then.. The "lying" thing is just a little harsh. :flag:

scdgoofy said:

God, I hate buying cars.

:bs: NO dealership in SoCal has 26 GTs on the lot! Even though Galpin is the largest they're blowing smoke up a very dark hole. :rlaugh: If other dealers here are telling you "no 2006 orders on plan" they're full of it too. They might not take an order now but wait until the end of the year or beginning of 2006 and the landscape should be different. We all need to stick together and make the Pirate Dealerships here in SoCal how they treated us during this rollout when we buy cars in the future. As of today, there are several dealerships in southern California that I will NEVER visit again because of how I was treated. They are:

:notnice:

Board Ford (Whittier)
Galpin (Van Nuys)
Ken Grody (Buena Park)
Ford West (Bellflower)
Sunset Ford (Westminister)
Worthington Ford (Long Beach)
Pacific Ford (Long Beach)

The dealerships I visited that were respectful even if they weren't selling on X-plan are:

Mills Ford (Anaheim)
McCoy Mills Ford (Fullerton)
Villa Ford (Villa Park)
Ford of Orange
Cerritos Ford

one50npump said:
"The service department even picks up my vehicles at my house and leaves me a demo car of my choice if needed. Im sorry if you big city people dont understand small town service and business practices and assume everyone is lying to you or trying to pull something. There is still a mustang in my garage that will do till then.. The "lying" thing is just a little harsh. :flag:

If that's true, I'd be sending my car in regularly so that I could get a nice Ford GT (demo of my choice) to tool around town in. :D Why don't you try asking them for a GT instead of a Taurus, Focus or T-bird and see how accomodating they really are? :rolleyes:

If "getting the car someday for whatever x-plan is when someday comes" is good enough for you, then you don't have unrealistic expectations so you will do fine. Sorry if I insulted you or your dealer. Good luck.

one50npump said:
"I bet you a hundred dollars your dealer won't feel bound by $29394 when the chips are down and invoice/sticker have been increased for'06."

I'm sure the price may be a little higher when whatever it is ever shows up, but it will still be x-plan price.. I've bought/ordered 8 new cars in the last 10 years from this dealer ( 4 of them Mustangs) and never not gotten x-plan.(or whatever they call it at the time) Im not worried that a car wont show up someday, whenever, Im not in a hurry. If they wait to order until when they can or whatever they do. I dont know how they'll do it, but I have no doubt i'll get the car someday and it will be the x plan price.. They have nothing to gain by "lying" to me.. They're a small dealer in a rural town that deals mostly with trucks, about the only GT's that go thru there are ones they order for me, and i've received everything ive ever told them I wanted. My salesman calls just to see how things are a couple times a year (not even trying to sell anything), frequents my business all the time. The service department even picks up my vehicles at my house and leaves me a demo car of my choice if needed. Im sorry if you big city people dont understand small town service and business practices and assume everyone is lying to you or trying to pull something. There is still a mustang in my garage that will do till then.. The "lying" thing is just a little harsh. :flag:

I have a friend who owns a small town dealership, he got one gt for 05. You think it was discounted? Sounds like you got a great dealer that takes care of their customers.
Seems after reading this thread, the dealer isn't the one who is lying.
(I just ordered my 06 vert on x-plan. Premium pkg, int upgrade, etc. $29394 from Matt Ford in Buckner Mo).(I'm sure the price may be a little higher when whatever it is ever shows up, but it will still be x-plan price.. I've bought/ordered 8 new cars in the last 10 years from this dealer ( 4 of them Mustangs) and never not gotten x-plan.(or whatever they call it at the time) Im not worried that a car wont show up someday, whenever, Im not in a hurry. If they wait to order until when they can or whatever they do. I dont know how they'll do it, but I have no doubt i'll get the car someday and it will be the x plan price.. )
this is what gets :bs: started on these forums and actually causes lots of real buyers to wait till its too late.

(Well, I ordered an 05, but they will be 06's by the time it gets built.. so i guess they can) :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :bs: :shrug: :doh: