Xcal2 from Brenspeed arrived, but no go... keeps timing out

I just got an Xcal2 from Brenspeed and tried to load the tune on my car today, however I followed the directions that were given with it and I still cannot get it to work. I go to the menu "program vehicle" and then press select to begin, choose the tune I want, click select again and then it starts to look like its working but ends up giving me a "timed out" message. Has anyone run into a similar problem?

I was told that on the mustang I do not have to remove any fuses (is this correct, or might this be my problem)? If I do have to pull the fuel pump (and another set of fuses) does anyone have an easy guide of which fuses they are in the fuse box (as I looked in the manual and there seems to be two sets of fuses for the fuel pump).

Thanks again,

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like a software program...did you buy the car new? IN other words does it have a different tune. I would prob call brenspeed and find out what is going on. something isn't working correct. I have used the SCT and the hypertech and the Superchips tuners and fuses have never needed to be messed with. it sounds liek there is something else wrong......just my 2 cents.....

I just spoke with Bren and he walked me through it, then had to call SCT looks like its a hardware problem with the unit itself so he's sending me out a new one, great service on his part, things go wrong but I'm impressed how quickly he's resolved it.

that is why i buy from him. that place is great. i hear bama chips has the same style of customer service, but i love brenspeed. i am the type of guy that once you take care of me, i will only use you. i am glad to hear brent took good care of you.

Yeah Brent is great. I E-mailed him late last week mentioning my 93 tune seemed really off (it felt the same as the 87 tune). He got my serial #, pulled up my tune and worked on it over the weekend (I'm sure with all his other work) and I have a new tuen in my mailbox this morning.

Certainly great service!