Xenon kit--thoughts?

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
what are you guys' thoughts about the xenon kit? i'm buying a body kit within the next couple of days, and i'm having a tough time deciding. i know i've posted a couple threads on this same subjects, but gimme a break, i'm about to dish out a couple serious $'s.

516530_6_full.jpg

i really like the roush kit, but the front bumper lips don't cut it. if i buy the roush skirts and rear seperately, it's gonna cost a nut.

thoughts on the xenon? this looks to be the 1st choice right now. now's your chance to stop me, or forever hold your peace.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't like the older Xenon kit. It sticks out IMO. I almost went with it.

Do Saleen skirts with the new Xenon cobra like mesh front - you can get it on EBAY for like 350 shipped.

As for a bumper, no clue, I haven't found one yet that I really like other than the Saleen one.

I'm not a big fan of "kits". Paul and RC both have the Xenon kits, and they're ok, not my fav. The stalker, cobra, and stock with bottom ABC lip are my 3 fav. front bumper combos, saleen side skirts are the best, and as for a rear bumper, and i'm not sure what the roush rear looks like, but get something thats going to flow with your side skirts. What kind of hood are you going to get? The Cobra RR is always nice, and so is the Cervinis Single Rise Cowl.

man frankenstien your kit, if you want.. love the Y2K cobra fronts now and then go from there.. If it was out when i got my kit i would have grabbed it..
but at the end of the day it will be you driving the car..

damnet, everytime i think about this topic, i wind up even more confused. what steered me away from the cobra-r bumper was the body lines not matching, but upon seeing clark's bumper cover and the way that particular one does match up w/ the door scoop line, i'm considering the cobra-r again....

man, i'm sorry i keep bitching about this. i'm so foken sick of thinking about it. i have the foken money sitting in my bank account (thanks to nacho for the hook-up!), but not being able to make up my mind like this is foken killing me!!! i've never been this indicisive about anything...

Paul, I have the xenon body kit. I LOVED it back in '98-'99 when I put it on, but back then the choices were a lot more limited than today. I would recommend you do NOT get the xenon kit. There is very little I like about it anymore. The side skirts actaully extend down below the frame rail around 2-3", the front is lower than the stock one by ~2" and it sticks way out farther than it too which greatly reduced you approach angle when you start up a incline grade. The back is OK, but it looks like it has a "bubble butt." All in all its not a "bad" choice in terms of looks, but I plan to go in a completely different route with my car and wil be removing my kit this spring I think.

thanks for the words, Paul. that is one thing i look for w/ a rear bumper--the "bubblebutt". don't get me wrong, i'm definately an ass man, but not on my car. as it is, i don't like how the stock bumper sticks out as far as it does. that, for sure, is a negative w/ the xenon kit. i gave it thought because of how similar the side skirts look like those on the super stallion. if they made a super stallion kit, i'd jump on that like a drunk on a hooker, but no luck there.

another thing that worries me is the ground clearance on the front bumper--lots of crappy inclines here, including my driveway. however, i think i'd be willing to risk it for the sweet cobra-r bumper, hehe.

what do you have planned for the killer canary?