Yay cracked intake manifold!

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
I sure do sound excited for all of the wrong reasons. Earlier tonite on a little cruise with some buddies I start smelling coolant. My low coolant light turns on and I pull over. We look and then see that it looks more than likely that it is the coolant crossover.

What should I do since the car is a 1999 model year GT and the fact that it will cost me money I dont have to fix it. Time to go to the bank of mom and dad I guess.

• Sponsors (?)

Superhereaux said:
Kinda pricey but lets see if mom and dad approve.

I probably was gonna go ebay, but why cant Ford just admit to it. Putting plastic in something that was gonna hit high temps? "Oh yeah, nothing will break"

I just dont know if Ford will give me my money back for it on their reimbursement thingy.

Superhereaux said:
$190 for an intake manifold is kinda pricey?:shrug:

seems pretty ok but i guess that's just me. either way make a call or visit a ford dealer and see if they'll cover it, i doubt it
No, the link is to a Supercharger manifold.

"Price: $2,200.00"

$190 isnt bad at all, but I still might go ebay, at least one with a aluminum coolant crossover.

Welcome to the club...

Too bad... I have a NPI intake with aluminum runner that I'm about to put on ebay for $100 or so. But you need a PI intake with aluminum runner.

triggz said:
Whoa whoa- you dont have to pay for the intake to be replaced. Ford lost a major lawsuit and will replace your intake for free. I've already had mine done, and you can too at any Ford dealer. They will look in the OASIS for your car and see the note about intake replacement.

http://www.fordmanifoldsettlement.com/index.html

So wait, does this mean the 7 year from warrenty date thing is not valid, and any car with the VIN under the lawsuit can get the manifold replaced, reguardless of age, or mileage???

BurningRubber said:
So wait, does this mean the 7 year from warrenty date thing is not valid, and any car with the VIN under the lawsuit can get the manifold replaced, reguardless of age, or mileage???

7 years from the original purchase date of the car (first owner, i assume). The day the car was sold from the dealer is the day the warranty begins.

ie. I purchased my 2000 model on 11/01, my intake warranty is valid until 11/08.

My friend just had his 2000's replaced a week or two ago as well. He called up the dealer, they looked at the car and within 24hrs had a new intake on it. Went through a huge fit with the other local Ford dealer though, the service manager there is a complete bitch and would not fix either of our cars (reason I had to install my own intake and get reimbursed).

triggz said:
7 years from the original purchase date of the car (first owner, i assume). The day the car was sold from the dealer is the day the warranty begins.

ie. I purchased my 2000 model on 11/01, my intake warranty is valid until 11/08.

My friend just had his 2000's replaced a week or two ago as well. He called up the dealer, they looked at the car and within 24hrs had a new intake on it. Went through a huge fit with the other local Ford dealer though, the service manager there is a complete bitch and would not fix either of our cars (reason I had to install my own intake and get reimbursed).

Do you think Ford would work on cars that have been modified? IE supercharged/nitrous/turbo. That would suck if my intake took a sh1t. I'd have to remove all my solenoids and wiring.:(

the98stang said:
Do you think Ford would work on cars that have been modified? IE supercharged/nitrous/turbo. That would suck if my intake took a sh1t. I'd have to remove all my solenoids and wiring.:(

Under the Magnos Moss Warranty Act, they cannot deny your claim if the other parts didnt directly cause the failure.. you might have to find a mod-friendly dealership, but they should still honor it regardless.

P.O.S dealer no wonder the stock is $7

I have a 99 called Ford they gave me a date & repair # when I showed up at the dealer he said NG over the 7 years , but I can do it for $700 parts & $98 an hour labor .....NO THANKYOU ! bought one on e-bay $199 shipping included , its a 2 hour easy job my son helped me the new one had the gasket already attached a much better system than the orginal Ford type it said made in the USA but wasnt a Motorcraft , running like new and I'm up to 130,000 miles , PS the original gasket was a very crummy looking chip China type thing & fell apart apon removal .....