Yellow 05 Crash Pics

It really sucks, but it is only a car that can be replaced. Just take care of yourself, get better, and be glad you're alive.

As for the guy that hit you, find a good lawyer and sue him for pain and suffering (if you can't get on your horse for a while, sue for more). Maybe with the settlement you can get a Ford GT. (Although I don't want to think what would have happened if you'd been rear ended driving one of those)

• Sponsors (?)

I am glad that your stang kept you alive and wish you a speedy and complete recovery. I must say looking at the pics make me a bit concerned about putting my kids in the back seat however.

Aipaloovik said:
I am glad that your stang kept you alive and wish you a speedy and complete recovery. I must say looking at the pics make me a bit concerned about putting my kids in the back seat however.

My understanding is that cars are made with their bumpers at about the same height so the bumpers from the front or rear would be the normal initial point of contact and thus take up a lot of the impact energy. The door guards are also put in place in anticpation of bumper impact at this predetermined height.

In this case, with the truck raised highier then the truck drivers IQ, the Mustang looks to have held up pretty well. The mustang drivers cell is pretty well intact and the fact that Emilee is here posting is a testament to how well her car did. There is not alot you can do to prevent injuries to the back seat passagers from this kind of impact as it would not be considered the normal anticipated type of impact with the truck climbing up and over the trunk. Imagine if it had been in mini-cooper, or a BMWZ3 or Z4 instead of a car with rear wheel drive, a trunk and about 4 feet of metal structure before reaching the driver that the truck hit ...... ouch....

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Emilee. You might want to send Ford your pics with a Thank you note..... seriously.... I am sure they would like to look at your car if nothing else......

Wow, totally scary.
I put my little daughter in the back seat of my 2000 GT convertible, and to think what would have happened to her makes me sick.

But, for everyone who says the Mustang is too heavy to be considered a true sports car, I say leave the track to the Mini's and the Miata's, I'll take a heavy steel "sporty" car in the real world anyday.

Glad to see you are alright Emilee. Take care of yourself and get nice and strong again. Atleast there might be a silver lining to all of this. The Shelby will be out next year, hopefully by that time you will be ready to get back in the saddle. :D Good luck and best wishes. I hope that driver rots in jail. :mad:

Emilee,
thank heavens you are relatively OK. hope you have a full and speedy recovery. yes, thank goodness you were in your '05. you just put on eibach sportlines recerntly, yeah? man, your car was looking awesome. take care and get well soon.

GusinCA said:
But, for everyone who says the Mustang is too heavy to be considered a true sports car, I say leave the track to the Mini's and the Miata's, I'll take a heavy steel "sporty" car in the real world anyday.

Exactly. I won't drive something that weighs less than 3500 pounds.

http://www.safecarguide.com/exp/weight/idx.htm

I don't think a Volvo S60, for example, which weighs about the same as the 2005 Mustang, would have done much better in that crash. And factor in that Volvo consulted on safety aspects on the 05 Mustang and you can be sure that the new Mustang is a pretty safe car. :nice:

If this was my situation I think I'd make the lawyer get me a settlement for the cost of a Ford GT and then some leftover for another Mustang. Thats the only thing that would make me feel better, physically and mentally.

Im glad she is alive and that she was alone in the car. The first thing I thought to myself was that if there was any living thing in the backseat, there is no possble way that it could have lived. I almost cried.

-Dan