Yellow Driving Lights

• Sponsors (?)

199 said:
i have yellow fogs on my car, my brother gave it to me as gift,

Couldn't you swap out the bulbs to yellow ones if available Vs. White
Ratter then doing the Yellow Film Covers ???

"To Me" The solid yellow is a huge turn off Day or Night, but if it was a Factory Clear Len with a yellow bulb that would look that much better.

:shrug: what do i know...

nwoh50 said:
Couldn't you swap out the bulbs to yellow ones if available Vs. White
Ratter then doing the Yellow Film Covers ???

"To Me" The solid yellow is a huge turn off Day or Night, but if it was a Factory Clear Len with a yellow bulb that would look that much better.

:shrug: what do i know...

Yeah... I have to agree, but without being so PC. Those things are damn ugly. I like your idea with the yellow bulb, clear lense better. How much fog are we driving through?

FNG 2001 said:
Yeah... I have to agree, but without being so PC. Those things are damn ugly. I like your idea with the yellow bulb, clear lense better. How much fog are we driving through?
:stupid:

Every time I see a car on the road with yellow fogs I shiver a little because it's so ugly. That's me though.

The problem with Mustang fog lights is they're in the wrong place. In Europe, fog lights have to be mounted low or they're illegal because the whole point is to fire light UNDER the fog, not through it.

The whole issue of fg lights is not so much to do with the light as the spectrum of light. Certain colours are absorbed better and don't reflect back but a lot can be achieved by a properly designed lens that diffuses light instead of projecting it into a beam.

French cars used to have yellow fog lights but advances in design and understanding of how light reacts in fog means they no longer have them.

The answer is to buy some fog lights and mount them low. I'm not sure why Ford don't do this in the plastic apertures next to the lower intake. High-mounted lamps will always be firing too high without a severe cut-off.

Yellow/Amber lenses or bulbs do little to cut fog. Just another hyped JDM trend, that for some reason is once again gaining momentum.

Source: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/lighting_tech/techpage.jsp?techid=132&currentpage=130

Tirerack.com said:
While auxiliary fog lights have traditionally been available with clear or amber lenses, the amber lens fog light is losing popularity because it has not proven to be more beneficial in foul weather than clear lens fog lights, is not as effective as a clear weather cornering light, and is often less complementary to vehicle styling.

Case in point.

http://images.google.com/images?q=J...-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi
http://images.google.com/images?svn...zilla:en-US:official&q=JDM+yellow&btnG=Search

But early 90s trends do repeat for weird reasons, can't wait till slap bracelets come full circle. :banana:

Mark25 said:
Back in the old days (late 60's) I always had yellow fog lights...they would not reflect the snow/rain/fog as much as bright white and you could definitely see much better...

research-quote1.gif

:SNSign:​

Ive always liked the yellows in all my cars i drove my last car i actually had yellow headlights but now they changed the law so i have HID white headlights and yellow driving lights.

shot1.jpg

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 120