Yellow Mustang Registry?

• Sponsors (?)

The site is up and running but has not had any significant updates in a long time:

The Yellow Mustang Registry goes to the auction block.

After 5 years of building a successful car "club", Steve Shrader is stepping down, to pursue other projects and opportunities in the Mustang aftermarket industry.

With over 5100 active members listed in the YMR database, 15 successful yellow Mustang events, and a name that has become well known among all muscle car fans, this organization has brought great joy and meaning to everyone that has been a part of it. It is with part sadness, part regret, and part relief that I hand my ownership role over to someone else who can continue on with the YMR legacy. My dedication to the cause is increasingly difficult as I attempt to take on new projects with my growing business, Shrader Performance.

This is not an overnight decision, nor is it prompted by any one incident. This decision has been in the works for over a year. It's just time for me to move on with other goals. I'm not parting with "BrightMare" (the 99 GT), and I'm still going to be around in the Mustang world for many years to come.

YMR has received incredible media attention in the last 5 years, including TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, and more, all of which can be read at this link:
http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/About.html

I would prefer the new ownership to be someone with dedication to the cause that will continue the legacy and provide a place where these 5000 members can call home. There have been hundreds of new friendships developed that will last a lifetime. The upcoming Myrtle Beach anniversary show in July will continue as planned. Hundreds of Mustang owners are making plans to take their family vacation during our event. It is my hope to find someone who can build the event into something even bigger than I imagined, and contribute the time and energy that is required of it.

YMR will be posted for sale on Ebay around the second week of January. It is very possible that a deal may be struck before that auction begins. I will note that not just any Joe Schmoe will be allowed to win the auction. I will easily take a feedback rating downfall by going to a second bidder, to keep the site from going into the hands of someone with intentions other than continuing the legacy. It is important to me that the YMR continue to exist and thrive for those of you that have dedicated so much time to it.

It's been one helluva ride, and has taught me more about people and life than anything else ever will. Watching members drive 2000 miles to come to a meeting of strangers that only have the color of their car as the common denominator, and then witnessing them have the time of their life, is a truly rewarding experience. I've seen deep friendships evolve on this forum; I've seen intimate relationships that were created, and the ones that fizzled. I've seen tears of joy. I've seen smiles of complete disbelief in people that couldn't imagine there being a car club of people with the same interests and love of their hobby. The YMR has always been something more than your average car club. The true reward... is the people.

The good part is, the fun has only begun. It can only get bigger and better and the next owner will surely take this to the next level. I hope you all understand my reasoning for parting ways, and my need to move on with new goals and projects. I can't run it forever, unfortunately.

I'm sure you will have mixed emotions about this, but remember that the only constant in life... is change.

Steve Shrader
Owner/Founder - YMR
[email protected]

Those guys are awsome. I heard last year they showed up to Carlisle with a line of 50 yellow Mustangs. That must have been a sight. This is my first year going to the show. Can't wait.