Yes another sunroof question but different!!!

01GTSTANGER

Feb 19, 2006
Pasadena, CA
So I have been searching and searching and I haven't found anything similar. So I took my sunroof off to silicon the the sunroof inserts and I also removed the bolts that hold on to the glass in order to apply silicon. Anyways to make a long story short now when I close the latch its feels really tight?? And what I mean by tight is I feel like I really need to apply lots of force to get the latch shut. Any help recomendations would be great, It doesnt bother me that its tight it actually gives me hope that the leaks will vanish but at the same time I don't want to break the latch or anything.

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you slide the two metal guides on the sunroof all the way into the plastic sleeves before you try to latch it. Sometimes they don't go in all the way and keep the sunroof from sitting flat so it feels tight.

Gotta love 80's manual low-tech stuff. :)

I actually like the removable sun roof. With the windows down and the sunroof out in the summer, nothing better. And i think foxes would look terrible with sliding sunroofs.

Just like mike said, make sure the "hooking tabs" are all the way in

I wish i had t-tops, but at least I have my sunroof! I love cruising around with it open.

No mullet here. I shave my head. The chicks love it and it makes me faster in the 1/4 mile

Sunroof FTW
attachment.php