Yesterday was a happy day!

estevaf

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2001
São Paulo, BRAZIL
Hello Friends,

Yesterday was a happy day. It was the "baptism of fire" of my Mustang II.

After three years of hard working, I took it to the first Mustang meeting and for the first time to the freeway.
we have received many compliments for the final results and, needless to say, we were very proud of it.

It ran beatifully cruising at 60-65 MPH. And, best of all, no leaks at all (at last!)

One new thing for me is to see a car having to run at around 3500 RPM to sustain 60 MPH... An overdrive would help a lot back in those days, uh?

Here you have a couple of pictures of my finally finished project!

Attachments

• AS_01.jpg
    AS_01.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 200
  • as_02.jpg
    as_02.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Sponsors (?)

Forgive my ignorance as well, but I have never heard of any other car besides the II having a PS cooler. Why is this needed in the II's? I don't think mine has one either. As well as a battery cooling duct?

Tim and Andre, my goof you're right that is the AC pump.

mustang2, not so sure why a PS cooler would ever be needed... but then again I just finished pulling the Rallye Competition shocks off my car (40k original miles) and I can't believe the damping these things had from the factory.... it was ridiculously stiff for a car you'd drive everyday.

d

Hello again, Guys.

I do not want to overflow you all with pictures of the same subject but I received this one today from a buddy who was there at the Mustang Meeting.

I liked this angle very much. (Anyway, let me enjoy my five minutes of fame he he :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• AS_06.jpg
    AS_06.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 143
WOW! That is truly a sweet job on that resto! And really imnpressive considering you did most the work in a carport and really small garage! Looks teriffic Andre! Looks like there's a little bit of the older american Iron floating arounf in Brazil... You see many Mustang II's in your area? I do know that the Brazilian Ford 250ci inline 6 cylinders have the 'to die for' cylinder heads. Wouldn't mind gettin my hands on one and it's manifolds. If I could afford it.. :D

Hello, Dano!
Thanks!

Yep, you have seen my web site... Sometimes, I am impressed myself that I had the patience to carry out this project up to its current stage and also impressed with what I have been able to achieve considering that I am not, by any means, an expert.
I also have had help of a very close friend that, although could not afford restoring a car, loves to have grease up to his elbows :). So, we have spent together many saturdays working on my MII.

Honestly, I have never seen one Mustang II running on the streets. I see, from time to time, one being sold in our local ebay and one ´75 that I see regularly in our club gatherings . This one does not look that good, though.
I do know that there are others in Brazil in very good conditions, some of then unrestored.

I would estimate that, based on my non-scientific internet research, in the same condition as mine there are no more than - being optimistic - 15 ... Much, much less than the 60´s models (as we would expect).

Coincidently, there is one today being sold at our local ebay (take a look: 74 Ghia. This is relativelly cheap if compared to the 60´s models, but even so, the price, converted to dollars is above US$ 9.000.

Andre, very nice work! I think you and your friend did an excellent job on restoring your Mustang.
I like the side shot it shows the quality paint work.
The 74 Ghia for sale in your local ebay looks good too. It has a different style vinyl roof section than most. Is that the price that most older cars in good shape bring in Brazil?

LedZ 5.0

LedZ 5.0 said:
Andre, very nice work! I think you and your friend did an excellent job on restoring your Mustang.
I like the side shot it shows the quality paint work.
The 74 Ghia for sale in your local ebay looks good too. It has a different style vinyl roof section than most. Is that the price that most older cars in good shape bring in Brazil?

LedZ 5.0

Thanks Len,

About prices, it will depend, of course, of the car.
Those really classic cars are much more expensive. Mustangs are quite popular. A Mustang 67 ou 68 in reasonable shape would cost $20K at least.
I have recently seen a convertible, 1968, 289ci being sold by $40K.
There are, of course, those that would be almost priceless, that would be considered very rare anywhere in the world.