Yet another exhaust opinion needed....

1988WHTGT

Mar 31, 2005
Guyton, GA
Ok, I know theres like a million posts a day about exhaust, but I couldn't find anything about what I have a question about. I wanna redo my exhaust. I'm gonna keep my shorty headers (unless someone has a cheap set of LT's). So I wanna get a new O/R H-pipe (or x, will take input on that also) and a new set of 2-chambers. Now the different thing i was thinking about is putting a cut-out on each side between the h/x pipe and mufflers. That way I can have mild and wild. What do you guys think? My mods are in my sig.

• Sponsors (?)

Go with an X-pipe. The flowmasters sound nuts with an O/R X-pipe. As for the cutout, to each his own. I personally wouldn't but thats just me.

Although on second thought the sound from an x-pipe with no mufflers might sound pretty good.

Cut outs with a bolt on plate are pretty old school. I mean that in a good way. If you are EFI, I bet that it will slow you down and lean you out. I used to be the biggest Flowmaster fan in the world but the mufflers they make now are total junk. If it's humid out your way get something else. Flowmasters will turn to Rustmasters in no time. The Mac's are ok. I recommend anything stainless. Nothing fits like a Bassani cat back. You get what you pay for.