Yet Another Programmer question...Diablo Sport with my mods

All,

Someone around me is selling a "new" Diable Sport Tuner. Said he ordered it and then sold his car before using it. Either way I'll make sure its unmarried before I buy it.

He is selling it for cheap, $250 but probably less after neg.

I don't have that many mods on my car, but plan on doing the Plenum, TB and gears and maybe bigger rims soon on top of my mods in my sig.

I know the SCT2 is supposed to be a little more advanced but for the simple mods that I have, is the $250 worth it?

Haywood Custom Speed Shop is near me and they are a Predator CMR authorized Tuner, so I am not worried about not having support of a dyno shop around.

What do you think my approx gains would be?

~K

• Sponsors (?)

You will be lucky to net 10+ RWHP with the Predator. I had mine back to Diablosport and spent time with them on the phone just to try and resolve the less than 5 RWHP I gained. I still need to play with timing a bit more as they were conservative. I don't think it is worth the money since you can get a dyno tune from a competent shop for this and probably gain more. If you want to take advantage of the other features on the programmer that may make it worth it.

SonicBlueStang said:
You will be lucky to net 10+ RWHP with the Predator. I had mine back to Diablosport and spent time with them on the phone just to try and resolve the less than 5 RWHP I gained. I still need to play with timing a bit more as they were conservative. I don't think it is worth the money since you can get a dyno tune from a competent shop for this and probably gain more. If you want to take advantage of the other features on the programmer that may make it worth it.

well hell still need a programmer in order to have the car tuned by someone... to answer the question the best $250 ive ever spent on my car was on a predator. not only for the power i gained, but also the ability to look up/clear codes. id say get it.

That's a really cheap price. I got execellent gains from my Predator. I've said this about 20 times in other threads, but I gained 13HP and 12TQ on the dyno with the Predator when dialed in for my engine's best performance. And that was just when he adjusted it. Their is probably an initial gain just from installing the Predator tune but I can't say what that is since I did'nt have a baseline before the Predator tune was installed. Maybe I had better gains because I've got a 4V. But alot of people go to 4.10's so theirs another feature of the Predator. Eliminating your Traction Control is another. I paid $359 for mine and I thought that $359 was well worth it. Cams, long tubes,heads, or F/I are gonna be your biggest gainers. All your other performance mods are gonna be 5-8HP at a time. :nice:

bought mine used for 225. I love it. I wanted the SCT2 but I could not pass up the deal I got.

I have not dynoed my car since the tuner to tell my gains but I will when I get it done. Throttle response is awsome. The car felt totally different

SonicBlueStang said:

Note that a dyno tune can be done with the Predator