Yokohama Tires

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
Anyone here on Stangnet have Yokohama AVS ES100's?
How do they perform for being a ultra high performance tires?
Are they good off the line tires and do they stick to the ground?
Your imput is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the avs sports which is supposed be a step up from those I think and they were not that great new and sucked after about 10-12k. they were fine at first and then the traction just went away. the wet traction always was poor. they got so bad with about 30% tread left that I on wet I could just ease into the throttle in 3rd gear and lose traction.

they are a very expensive tire as well. I paid as much for them as my kdw-2's I have now and they have better dry traction new and the traction wet is good. they are not getting worse so far either.

so my .02 is look elsewhere that yoko. toyo, bfg would probably be what I would look at.

lets put it this way my cheap ass nexen tires on my comuter iroc I think are doing better all the way around than the avs sport did. I paid $100 a piece for those and like $200+ for the avs sports.

did you go read reviews on the tire rack? they usually have quite a few feedback. I usually just look at the negative and see if there is a trend. like for my bfg's I have now people complained about them being a bit noisey but that did not bother me too much.